Would DLH Hold Our Bags When Not Staying There?

For the ART... do you have to buy tickets for a specific route? Or can you ride any route? I’m wondering (since we’ll be at the D23 Expo) if there’s an ART stop at or near the Anaheim Convention Center? Because if that’s the case, it would be nice to be able to hop the ART when we’re done at the Expo and hit the parks or go to Downtown Disney for food or whatever.

These passes are good for unlimited rides so long as the pass is valid, correct??

I agree with @katyringo. If there’s a way to switch hotels, that might be the best option even if a hotel on Harbor would be a bit pricier. What some forget to factor in is that time is money. I’m an admitted hotel snob but I had a good experience with Park Vue Inn which is directly across the street from the Harbor entrance of DLR. While I didn’t try the breakfast, it’s included in the nightly rate and it gets good reviews, so you can factor that into your savings.

I agree with @katyringo. If there’s a way to switch hotels, that might be the best option even if a hotel on Harbor would be a bit pricier. What some forget to factor in is that time is money. I’m an admitted hotel snob but I had a good experience with Park Vue Inn which is directly across the street from the Harbor entrance of DLR. While I didn’t try the breakfast, it’s included in the nightly rate and it gets good reviews, so you can factor that into your savings.

Yeah others that have fairly decent reviews and fairly well priced are dessert inn, Del sol, castle inn and suites..

Still curious about walking routes to and from the parks for West Ball Road, though...
Read this thread, especially the last few posts (which are the most recent and have maps): How to walk to Disneyland from Motels north of Mickey and Friends?. I think the easiest thing for you is to get dropped off at the DLH, then use Uber or Lyft to your hotel to drop off your luggage. If you have no mobility issues, walking to M&F for bag check and the tram should not be a problem. Walking a little further to DTD shouldn't be difficult, either.

They ask for your name when you pull up. And at DLH and GCH, they check your name at the gate. Last weekend, they even had a printed card ready with our name. This is for the car. But they indeed check if you are a guest

I'm curious why you chose to take the DLRE when you're not staying there? Can you change plans? Super Shuttle will take you directly to your hotel and they're relatively cheap.

As others have said, I’d be more than surprised if they’d agree to take your bags. In effect, you’ll ask them to assume risk for someone that has paid them nothing. I suspect their insurance wouldn’t cover them if something went wrong: your bags are lost, stolen, damaged. There’s no upside for them, merely risk/liability.

What about getting dropped at the DLH and then taking an Uber round trip to drop your bags at your hotel? It would be a lot cheaper than taking an Uber/taxi all the way from the airport and considerably faster than walking to/from your hotel, obviously, since it sounds like time/speed is important to you.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

For the ART... do you have to buy tickets for a specific route? Or can you ride any route? I’m wondering (since we’ll be at the D23 Expo) if there’s an ART stop at or near the Anaheim Convention Center? Because if that’s the case, it would be nice to be able to hop the ART when we’re done at the Expo and hit the parks or go to Downtown Disney for food or whatever.

These passes are good for unlimited rides so long as the pass is valid, correct??

I'm still wondering about this part I've posted above, though! We'll probably use the ART to get to the parks... but I want to know if I can also ride other lines/routes and take the buses several times during the day. As we'll be at the D23 Expo, it would be nice to know we could hop the ART for either a break from the Expo or when we're done and wanna hit the parks for the evening, etc.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm still wondering about this part I've posted above, though! We'll probably use the ART to get to the parks... but I want to know if I can also ride other lines/routes and take the buses several times during the day. As we'll be at the D23 Expo, it would be nice to know we could hop the ART for either a break from the Expo or when we're done and wanna hit the parks for the evening, etc.
A one way fare is $4, a one day fare is $6, which would allow you multiple trips. Check out the ART website.

We certainly would do that... but we aren't being dropped off at our hotel upon arrival in the Anaheim Resort Area, as mentioned above, DLRE does not service our hotel. Disneyland Hotel was the closest drop-off point to our hotel. So, if they do not hold our bags there, we will require walking to our hotel with the bags first to check-in and drop them off, before trekking back to where we came from to make our way through Downtown Disney and (eventually) into the parks...

Take a uber from DLH to your hotel and drop your bags there.

A one way fare is $4, a one day fare is $6, which would allow you multiple trips. Check out the ART website.

We'll probably double up with two 3-Day passes for each of us for the duration of our trip, to allow for a total of 6 days with ART transport. Which would leave only the first day of the D23 Expo without ART usage since the multi-day ART passes are consecutive usage, which is fine... we'll just walk to Downtown Disney or something afterwards for that one day (and I guess Uber our way to the convention center in the wee hours of the morning to get in line (since ART stops at 12:30 AM or something I read... unless we go sit outside the convention center all night... LOL... fun times...). But anyways, I priced out the various methods and it does seem that doing a 3-Day ART pass upon arrival, skipping a day in the middle without using the ART, and then following up with another 3-Day pass would be most cost effective at $16 each for the 3-Day pass, which would end up being $32 each for almost the entirety of our vacation... which I imagine would be cheaper than paying for an Uber each and every day and would save our feet a bit of extra strain each morning and night (save that one day in the middle).

So... so long as we can hop the ART from the Expo to Disneyland and from Disneyland to our hotel and vise-versa... we should be good! Then have the odd Uber ride in here or there (which right now I suspect will be on day of arrival to drop off our bags at our hotel since we're being left off at the Disneyland Hotel first, then each morning of the Expo and maybe one of the evenings when we are left without ART usage). By my count, that makes about 4 or 5 rides total.

I do have a question about day one, though. If we're taking an Uber from the Disneyland Hotel to our actual hotel to quickly check-in and drop our bags (or get the desk to hold them) and such... should we have the Uber wait for us to take us to the park immediately after we get that quickly done? Or would it be best (both time-wise and cost-wise) to just let the Uber go after we're dropped off and wait for the next ART to Disneyland??

... so long as we can hop the ART from the Expo to Disneyland...
You can always walk from the ACC to the TS lot to take the free shuttles to/from the parks. It's a pretty short walk (use Google Maps to get a visual) -- maybe 5-10 minutes, depending on your pace -- and would save you a little money.

I can tell you that when we took a cab from our hotel on Harbor to the entrance of the Disneyland Hotel, it was only $10 so that is probably the most it would cost. Uber/lyft would be a buck or two cheaper.
To me, not having to walk to your hotel and getting to the park that much earlier would be well worth it!

Last edited:
You can always walk from the ACC to the TS lot to take the free shuttles to/from the parks. It's a pretty short walk (use Google Maps to get a visual) -- maybe 5-10 minutes, depending on your pace -- and would save you a little money.

That's actually a pretty good thought! Maybe we'll do that during our Expo evenings, if we decide to hit the parks... my only concern is getting back to our hotel on West Ball Road at the end of our time at the park... seeing as the Toy Story shuttles won't take us over there. We'd still either need the ART or an Uber to get back... unless we just suck it up and walk back after the parks every evening during the Expo, providing we have time/decide to go over in the first place.

That's actually a pretty good thought! Maybe we'll do that during our Expo evenings, if we decide to hit the parks... my only concern is getting back to our hotel on West Ball Road at the end of our time at the park... seeing as the Toy Story shuttles won't take us over there. We'd still either need the ART or an Uber to get back... unless we just suck it up and walk back after the parks every evening during the Expo, providing we have time/decide to go over in the first place.
Read the link I posted above about walking back to your hotel from M&F. You would take the tram back to M&F at the end of the night, then walk back from the structure. Depending on the location of your hotel, it would be about a 10-15 minute walk. It's about a 10 minute or so walk from M&F to the intersection of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr.
Or you could walk through DTD to the Uber/Lyft drop off/pick up point (between the Lilo lot and the DLH ) and get a ride from there to your hotel.

Read the link I posted above about walking back to your hotel from M&F. You would take the tram back to M&F at the end of the night, then walk back from the structure. Depending on the location of your hotel, it would be about a 10-15 minute walk. It's about a 10 minute or so walk from M&F to the intersection of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr.
Or you could walk through DTD to the Uber/Lyft drop off/pick up point (between the Lilo lot and the DLH ) and get a ride from there to your hotel.

Ah... that is a possibility... so do they not mind you walking OUT of the structure through the back (I'm familiar with doing this from when we stayed at this same place during the 60th and you'd just walk along the structure and down a couple flights of stairs and out across a couple crosswalks in the CM lot and you're back at the hotel)? Is it just people walking INTO the CM parking area behind the structure that they won't allow? I would've thought they would've had some sort of barricades or gated entry set up so guests couldn't leave the structure through the back way that they don't allow guests to use for entry... but I guess if you're leaving... maybe they don't care...

Ah... that is a possibility... so do they not mind you walking OUT of the structure through the back...
If you read the link I posted, you'll see that the Pluto lot (behind the M&F structure) is now CM only access. No more cutting through that lot to get to/from Ball Rd. That lot has been CM only since January 2017.
You will be leaving M&F to walk to Ball Rd. from the pedestrian entrance/exit which is at the corner of Disneyland Dr. and Magic Way (marked on one of the maps in the above linked thread).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts