Would I be okay going May 6th to May 9th?

multimatt

Earning My Ears
I was looking at possible dates and realized that there’s two cheer competitions on back to back weekends. Will my trip be affected? I’m not really sure since I don’t really know when the cheerleaders leave and arrive or if they really affect the wait times that much. Also it seems like both of these competitions are smaller than the ones that happen earlier in the year. Thank you so much!

The Dance Summit
May 3 - May 5, 2024

The D2 Summit
May 10 - May 12, 2024

I think as long as you're not at the hotels where they're staying, it's fine.
Thank you! I really wanted to stay at Coronado again but according to the site the May 3rd to May 5th convention is at Disney Coronado Springs Convention Center.

I was also looking at going around those dates. I am assuming that the cheer groups usually stay at the all stars?

D1 and Dance Summit (May 3-5) hotels are All Stars/Coronado/AKL. Many families opt to stay a few days later to get park time in. Also, the Dance Summit competes at Coronado.

D2 summit (May 10-12) is smaller and hotels are All Star/Coronado. Families usually start arriving May 8/9 depending on their team schedules.

Parks will be fine as they’re busy cheering. Avoid the cheer hotels. Hotels are always what people who complain about cheer groups are grousing about. I’ve seen complaints of cheering in public places, taking over public sections of hotels, jamming up the elevators at CSR Tower and some interesting evening pool bar reports with regards to the cheer chaperones…

I did encounter cheer groups in MK one day. Started seeing them toward the end of the night in the park, they were excited and traveling in large groups yet well behaved, can’t say they affected my evening. When we exited the park we were briefly swimming upstream as hundreds more cheerleaders descended on MK for a private event it turned out. Even that was nbd, it was more of a system shock to see so many people entering MK at park close lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter