• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would it be overkill?

kimmyann

DIS Veteran
Okay, we have platinum busch garden passes here at home in VA. We are going to disney in June and had planned on doing disney for 7 days, then do BG tampa, seaworld and aquatica, which would add three days to our trip. We have been to BG tampa and seaworld two years ago and loved it and originally I was wanting to go again plus check out aquatica, but am also thinking it may be too much. At the same time I'm thinking that with ownership changing and not positive when we can head back to florida it may be our last chance to utilize our passes to get into the FL parks for free:confused3 So, do you think it would be overkill? BTW, we pretty much do laps around the busch gardens here in VA. We usually go 2-3 times a month and it is nothing for us to walk the entire park 3 times in one day. Heck, we have already been 4 times since they opened for the season, yes we are theme park junkies:worship: I know that the parks there are bigger, but if anyone knows the actual size differences between BG here and the busch parks there plus even the disney parks that may help in deciding. Oh, our other choice would be to leave FL after disney and stop about half way (possibly Myrtle Beach, SC) and spend the night instead of driving straight through which is about a 12-14 hour drive.

We've done this in the past, but we only did 4 days Disney. At the very least I would include a trip to SeaWorld to try out their new ride - Manta. If you've never been to Aquatica, I would definately work this in as well. If I had to leave something out it would be BG-Tampa, but only because it's a 1.5hour drive from Orlando. I'm jealous we've only been to BG-Williamsburg 3 times since it opened this year, but we are farther away than you. My 11 DS is a roller coaster junkie.

I don't think it's overkill. If you're used to the theme parks, you should be fine. We went last September and we were there for 10 days. We were able to divide our days and go to all 4 Disney parks, Downtown Disney, Universal, Islands of Adventure, Cirque de Soleil, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Discovery Cove, Sea World and Busch Gardens. We didn't feel rushed at all or exhausted after our trip.

I'm leaning towards just staying in FL. I've been looking at hotels in myrtle beach, sc and am not impressed at all. They all seem overpriced, but maybe because I live in VA beach (which I hate the beach here) it just doesn't do much for me. I mean really, they want close to $200 a night, I have a nice hotel booked at lake buena vista for $70 a night (a suite at that), with excellent reviews. I guess deep down I know I will not want to leave FL:rotfl:. I think alot has to do with that drive home:scared:

I'm leaning towards just staying in FL. I've been looking at hotels in myrtle beach, sc and am not impressed at all. They all seem overpriced, but maybe because I live in VA beach (which I hate the beach here) it just doesn't do much for me. I mean really, they want close to $200 a night, I have a nice hotel booked at lake buena vista for $70 a night (a suite at that), with excellent reviews. I guess deep down I know I will not want to leave FL:rotfl:. I think alot has to do with that drive home:scared:

Since SW is more a relaxing type day-not as hectic and standing in so many lines for everything like at Disney, I would suggest splitting the WDW and SW time. Maybe do 2 days at Disney parks, head to SW for a day. SW will have its night shows on in the summer and they are definitely don't miss-forget Mystify and ride the coasters again then. Mystify does not compare to Disney night shows. 2 more days at Disney and then do Acquatica( might want to get there at opening to get in and then head to SW for the late afternoon and evening to finish seeing what you didn't have time for the first day at SW), then finish your Disney Days and head to BG. BG is large but you will be able to handle it. Try to get there for opening and stay late till closing. It is our favorite park. JMHO Don't miss out on anything if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter