Would it be worth it to get a rental car?

mzspaz

Mouseketeer
I know this questions has been asked numerous times. I've read through all the responses and still can't decide.

We will be arriving in San Diego on a Wednesday in early December after spending some time at DL. We will be taking the train from Anaheim into San Diego in the afternoon.

We have 3 nights/4 days in San Diego and will be staying at the Best Western Island Palms on Shelter Island. We would like to do the Zoo, a Whale Watching trip, and check out the tide pools. Other than that, we don't have anything planned. I wasn't planning on getting a rental car....figured we could just do the trolley or take a taxi (2 adults 1 child). We do have free parking at the hotel (reservations made a long time ago and got the guarantee before they changed over to charging for parking).

Just for the heck of it, i checked out some rental car rates and they seem pretty pricey. But in thinking about it, that would give us a bit more flexibility and save us time.

I can't decide this and when I ask DH he just says "whatever you think is best". So I was hoping for some advice from either locals or someone in a similar situation!

Thoughts?????

We were there Last October, and I can tell it took a while waiting on buses. I don't know how the trolleys run. But the next time we go even though being in port for one day we will rent a car. If I am reading right they are still giving you the guarantee for the free parking, I would do the car as it may be easier. And you can have a little more room to do things if you get bored in one spot. That is just my opinion. Hope this helps you a little.

I would rent a car.... San Diego is not know for having an efficient public transportation system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter