Would love resort advice

Not sure if it is an option, but Margaritaville in Orlando (by WDW) just became a Disney partner hotel this week. Maybe investigate?

OP - I understand about the Dolphin and the double beds.

If modifying to Pop, 1 night with the 8-day tickets, Swan for 6 nights and then POFQ works for you and your budget, it's not the end of the world (I mean, yeah, being at Swan the whole time would be great, of course!). I would just ask your TA if she is modifying reservations or re-booking? If she is modifying, you don't need to worry about your existing FP+. If her intention is to cancel and re-book, I would book anything new first, link everything to MDE, make sure everything is showing up correctly and then cancel whatever you don't want. It means dealing with new deposits and refunds, but I've personally never had an issue with WDW or Swan/Dolphin issuing refunds on cancellations done within the proper time periods.

Again, I would also see what is currently in the Gift of Magic inventory for you dates. I'm not sure what your budget is or what you are currently paying? Both CBR and RIV are showing in that discount inventory and have access to the Skyliner which makes getting to EP and DHS really convenient.

OP - I understand about the Dolphin and the double beds.

If modifying to Pop, 1 night with the 8-day tickets, Swan for 6 nights and then POFQ works for you and your budget, it's not the end of the world (I mean, yeah, being at Swan the whole time would be great, of course!). I would just ask your TA if she is modifying reservations or re-booking? If she is modifying, you don't need to worry about your existing FP+. If her intention is to cancel and re-book, I would book anything new first, link everything to MDE, make sure everything is showing up correctly and then cancel whatever you don't want. It means dealing with new deposits and refunds, but I've personally never had an issue with WDW or Swan/Dolphin issuing refunds on cancellations done within the proper time periods.

Again, I would also see what is currently in the Gift of Magic inventory for you dates. I'm not sure what your budget is or what you are currently paying? Both CBR and RIV are showing in that discount inventory and have access to the Skyliner which makes getting to EP and DHS really convenient.
I'm trying to stay around $5500

I would just ask your TA if she is modifying reservations or re-booking? If she is modifying, you don't need to worry about your existing FP+. If her intention is to cancel and re-book, I would book anything new first, link everything to MDE, make sure everything is showing up correctly and then cancel whatever you don't want. It means dealing with new deposits and refunds, but I've personally never had an issue with WDW or Swan/Dolphin issuing refunds on cancellations done within the proper time periods.

She is rebooking..........sigh.

Great news, everything is back to semi-original price. My question is this -

There is no need to "pick up" tickets from the Swan desk. You would have received complimentary Magic Bands with your Pop stay and if you linked your tickets to your MDE account there would be no need for physical tickets. The Magic Bands would have worked as your tickets. I am surprised your TA didn't know or tell you this as it would have avoided the whole thing.

So staying at Pop night 1, Tickets are on Swan package Night 2-7. My reservation is linked. Does this count as "linking my tickets"? I don't see any tickets on MDE under "Tickets and Memory Maker". When my tickets were on Pop it showed up as 8Day Park Hopper. Now all I see is my VAH tickets and "FP Planning Key Card". I see a place under Tickets to "Link Tickets" but I won't have that number until I check in, correct?

Sorry I'm so confused. :) Any advice is appreciated.

Great news, everything is back to semi-original price. My question is this -

So staying at Pop night 1, Tickets are on Swan package Night 2-7. My reservation is linked. Does this count as "linking my tickets"? I don't see any tickets on MDE under "Tickets and Memory Maker". When my tickets were on Pop it showed up as 8Day Park Hopper. Now all I see is my VAH tickets and "FP Planning Key Card". I see a place under Tickets to "Link Tickets" but I won't have that number until I check in, correct?

Sorry I'm so confused. :) Any advice is appreciated.

Your TA will be able to give you the Ticket numbers in order to link them to your MDE. No need to wait until check in to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter