Would love water bottle recommendations

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
My kids have absconded with my water bottles so I need buy a new one that will be off-limits for them. I'm looking for the perfect one that meets the following criteria: is insulated, is totally dishwasher safe, is easy to clean, doesn't have a straw, can be safely carried in my tote, holds at least 20 oz, and fits into a car cup holder. Does anyone know of a unicorn that will meet my needs? My doctor wants to drink a ridiculous amount of water so I almost always have a water bottle with me.

This is my favorite one and I think it meets all of your criteria. It does not have a straw. There's a button on the lid that you can push to open a valve which lets you drink out of it (closed, it's spill proof). When it's time to wash it or store it, you can pop the mechanism on the lid open so it it's easy to wash. It fits in the cupholder and the cup pocket on a backpack... and it has a handle, too (which I really like)

Edit: it says hand wash on the listing, I put mine in the dishwasher and haven’t had any issues (I didn’t remember it saying that)

https://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Stai...YZBS0o8ai9AcvGuVj4c0RAlGO5EaAnQxEALw_wcB&th=1

Last edited:

You have kids? I would go the opposite direction and buy a bunch of fairly inexpensive ones you can make peace with only seeing once before they show up in some other mom's house. This is how I got my first Yeti, it was on my counter for about a year and no-one claimed it, and then it was mine:rotfl2:Nice things and kids don't mix, they vanish or get ruined but they don't mix.

Your only hope would be to bring home a bunch of colors and styles and take a vote of which one the kids hate most, then keep that one and have a bunch of junk ones that you know will vanish.

After the kids lost a few Hydroflasks and Yetis, we shifted over to RTIC for DD15. She has one of their jugs for softball and carries the 40oz bottle to school. I'm able to shop at their local store, but I've heard their shipping is fast. DD17 and I both have Stanleys, which are trendy, but will spill if tipped.

The RTIC comes in other colors, but this is hers. $25 isn't bad for this kind of stuff.
https://rticoutdoors.com/Bottle?size=40oz&color=Beach&material=Matte

Lots of water bottle suggestions. My issue was what do I do with different size containers in my vehicles. I got these and absolutely find them amazing. They fit regular soda size bottles up to large flasks. There's also a slit down the side for handles.
Cool design. There's rubber fingers in the bottom. Put it in your cup holder and screw the top. It expands the fingers and holds it tight in your vehicle cup holder. They have some where the bottom can be offset to fit in side by side cup holders.
1000003097.jpg
Same cup holder in a golf cart. They fit in any cup holder.
1000003098.jpg

Owala! They are sold online (Google Owala) or at Dick's Sporting Good, Target, etc. Some have a built in straw but there are others that don't. Keep stuff cold for 24 hours. Love them!

I swear ours mate and multiply, I have dedicated cabinets. My kids are more likely to leave the house without shoes than without water bottles.

My kids have absconded with my water bottles so I need buy a new one that will be off-limits for them. I'm looking for the perfect one that meets the following criteria: is insulated, is totally dishwasher safe, is easy to clean, doesn't have a straw, can be safely carried in my tote, holds at least 20 oz, and fits into a car cup holder. Does anyone know of a unicorn that will meet my needs? My doctor wants to drink a ridiculous amount of water so I almost always have a water bottle with me.
The new Hydroflasks are dishwasher safe. I love my hydroflasks (I bought 3 since they work so well for my needs). Come in all sizes and have different lid options as well. Keeps my ice water cold as can be!

Another great option is the Thermoflasks at costco if you want something a bit cheaper!

Love my 30 oz rambler Yeti. It fits in my cup holder and has no straw.

They sell Yetis at our local Dick’s Sporting Goods and also at our local Ace Hardware. I’ve gotten coupons for both stores that worked on Yeti purchases. They are expensive but I’ve been using mine for about 2 years now.

My daughter uses a Hydroflask for school. It's filled with water and some ice before 7am and usually still has ice in it when she gets home at 4pm. She's had it for 4 years and still looks as good as new.

I have a question about weight? I have a good double walled bottle but I always wish it were lighter.... not talking about the water in it,I haven't yet found a good bottle to keep things cold that doesn't weigh 11-15 ounces on it's own.....

I have a question about weight? I have a good double walled bottle but I always wish it were lighter.... not talking about the water in it,I haven't yet found a good bottle to keep things cold that doesn't weigh 11-15 ounces on it's own.....
CamelBak Eddy has been my go to. It's very light, well insulated but doesn't meet any of the requirements for the OP. It has a straw, doesn't fit in a cup holder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter