Would the Disney Visa be worth it for me?

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
I booked a trip for January, and am thinking about opening the Disney Visa in an attempt to help pay for some of the trip. We use cc's for almost everything, so it would get used! My question is, do you think that there's enough time to earn enough points to make a difference?

TIA!

Is your trip a package? It could be worth it to get the 6 months interest free. It would apply to any payment made towards a package (over $200 each payment I think).

Also, I have the one with the annual fee, but I average $40/month in rewards, so really the $49 annual fee is made up in 1 month. If you get the no annual fee, it's still 1% back on everything.

Can you get better rewards somewhere else? IE an airline specific card or a general travel card? Sometimes those will offer 2% or more. So while it might not be good at WDW itself, you may be able to use them to pay for the flights or other portions of the trip. If you won't pay it off each month, then it most likely won't work out for you. But if you can get the $200 credit as a PP mentioned, and don't have another option for a better rewards card, then yes, every bit can help.

And some restaurants and coffee stands offer discounts to cardholders, too. We use the no annual fee one.

I have it but it's not the card that I use most often. My three most used are my Chase Freedom (1% always; 5% rotating - cash back), Discover (same perks as my Freedom), and my Citi Costco card (1-4% depending on category - cash back through Costco 1x/year).

Since I have three other cards with better perks, I don't use the Disney card often. I keep it because it does have some other perks like merchandise discounts, 0% interest on packages, and the character photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter