Would this qualify for GAC?

raven0855

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with my mother this time. She has anxiety issues and is not really good in situations with a lot of people. Would a GAC card allow her any help with "crowded" areas? I am just so happy she is coming and want to make things as easy for her as possible.

I also have 2 terrible herniated discs- Not sure if i will be scheduled for surgery before we head to the world or not. I am considering renting an ECV but feel weird about it. I have trouble standing for a long time and even walking (so ECV may end up a necessity) Is there any assistance for issues with standing?

Its weird for me to even ask this as I never thought I would need any assistance!

Thank you for your help

**Mods please move in in wrong location

Hi and :welcome: to disABILTIES!

The normal and official response from Guest Relations for any stamina and/or mobility problem is the recommendation that the Guest rent a wheelchair or ECV.

Almost all attraction queues are "mainstreamed", so a person in a wheelchair or ECV will go through the regular line to Load or into a theater. I can't think of any queues which have seating areas.

If you are in a chair or ECV and your mother is with you there will always be some sort of buffer for her.

Please ask the following questions. Here are the suggested answers to go with them.

1. Are you disabled (even temporarily)? Yes.

2. Do the people you are traveling with, such as your family, know you are disabled? Yes.

3. Do you expect to meet anyone you know during this trip who may not know you are disabled. Probably No!

4. Do you expect to meet a bunch of people who you will probably never meet again in your life? Probably yes!

5. Is there any reason at all that you should care what these people think about you? Absolutely No!!

6. Will using a wheelchair or ECV make for a better vacation for you and your family? Absolutely YES!

Yes, a GAC can help with crowding for anxiety issues in *some* situations. Unfortunately there are lots of times there's no real way to help, but the GAC can be utilized to help in some areas, so it's worth going to GS to talk to them. They may also have tips for other ways to deal with crowd issues. They tend to be knowledgable about quiet areas, peak times for crowds, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter