Would this work?

juncker

Mickey Mouse for President
Often times when I check availability right at the 7 month mark, the last 6 days are available, but the first night isn’t. You can’t reserve the 6 available unless you can get night 1. The best you can do is to either waitlist the entire request or try again tomorrow.

Tell me if you think that this would work. Let’s use BCV as an example. Let’s say that most of my points are at SSR, but I add a 25 point contract at BCV. At the 11 month mark I could use my BCV points to reserve only my first night. When the 7 month window comes around, I find that night 1 at BCV isn’t available, but the next 6 nights are. I know that I can’t do this with the online tool, but if I called MS to try to book BCV’s for 7 nights, they will tell me that I can’t get night 1. However if I explain that I already have that night reserved (with BCV points), would they allow me to add the other 6?

I know that this would only help with the exact scenario that I painted, but would it work? Do you think it would depend upon which CM I got?

Before everyone piles on with complaints about ‘gaming’ the system and how wrong it is, I’m just trying to understand the rules that we all play by. People can walk reservations because it is allowed. While people may not agree with this, it is how the rules are written. I’m just looking for understanding how the rules would work in this situation. (With that said, go ahead and flame away).

Others would know better than I, but my guess is that it would not work, as the SSR points would still be 7 months and 1 day away from the first available night that you could use them. But what do I know...

I would say, probably not but it depends on the CM. A more popular option is to walk the reservation, that's what most do. Better yet, do what we did and buy your favorite resorts and book at 11 months. We cut our budget at home, gave up eating out, sold our second car, just to come up with the money to buy several resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

Often times when I check availability right at the 7 month mark, the last 6 days are available, but the first night isn’t. You can’t reserve the 6 available unless you can get night 1. The best you can do is to either waitlist the entire request or try again tomorrow.

Tell me if you think that this would work. Let’s use BCV as an example. Let’s say that most of my points are at SSR, but I add a 25 point contract at BCV. At the 11 month mark I could use my BCV points to reserve only my first night. When the 7 month window comes around, I find that night 1 at BCV isn’t available, but the next 6 nights are. I know that I can’t do this with the online tool, but if I called MS to try to book BCV’s for 7 nights, they will tell me that I can’t get night 1. However if I explain that I already have that night reserved (with BCV points), would they allow me to add the other 6?

I know that this would only help with the exact scenario that I painted, but would it work? Do you think it would depend upon which CM I got?

Before everyone piles on with complaints about ‘gaming’ the system and how wrong it is, I’m just trying to understand the rules that we all play by. People can walk reservations because it is allowed. While people may not agree with this, it is how the rules are written. I’m just looking for understanding how the rules would work in this situation. (With that said, go ahead and flame away).
No, that won't work but your post does raise another interesting option and one that will work. Let's say you have one night booked at BCV and day 1 7 months out comes around. Let's further assume day 1 is not available but days 2-7 are. You could potentially cancel that day creating availability 7 months out for all 7 nights. Now you might get it or lose it but it does give you a possibility of getting it. And once they eventually tighten up the wait list, it likely wouldn't work at all. Another option that can work, though not well with just 25 pts, is if you have an existing reservation somewhere you can pick up days using 7 months points and swap them within your reservation effectively doing the same thing. It's usually best to have a bunch of points to play such games and have a gamblers mentality. Usually the best way to use the 25 when the 25 is for a high demand options that's different than your rest, is with banking borrowing to do one stay every 2/3 years or just to use them as 7 month points.

You can't extend a reservation made at the 11 month window at 7 months prior to the 7 month window for the exact dates. But, I have found that checking the website at 7 months, not only at opening, but within an hour or two, has gotten me some dates because some people who booked the room I wanted at 11 months changed at the 7 month window and by that time, the room opened up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts