would/ will you bring your kids to Disney this year?

would/ will you bring your kids to Disney this year?

• Total voters
I would if in that situation but my wife would not. We have a newborn still getting all her shots so it out of the question for this summer, but if it was just us and our older children, I would be willing to go now. Im a school administrator and my wife is a nurse in a hospital so the risk level for would be on par or less than going to work and we always drive to WDW.

We just got back Monday. DS is 2. We had an awesome time. We go often, but even with masks & heat, it was our best trip ever. The low crowds were so great with a young kid. We drove to get there. I’m not sure I would have have gone if we would have had to fly.
Did your 2 year old wear a mask? Our 2 1/2 year old refuses to wear one.

Mine just turned 2 & no he was not good at it. We tried. No one said anything to us & we made sure to keep him away from everyone.
My biggest fear is if he refuses to wear it for a day or whatever, will they ask us to leave? He will be just under two and a half.

My kids are 18 & 19 so it is not an issue. But if they were young, no way would we risk it. Hubby and I have talked and said that we are so glad that our kids are older and we don't have to deal with school, but we both agreed that we would not even send our little ones to school with this going on if we were in that positions. Not worth the risk.

Personally, if your H is not on-board I would not go. It’s not going to be fun if he doesn’t want to be there and is worried about Covid. I have mixed feelings about Disney being open right now. On one hand, it’s probably the cleanest it’s ever been or will ever be again. But there are so many people from all over and who knows if they’ve been exposed. I also don’t trust people, honestly. I can see people coming even knowing they’ve potentially been exposed. So it’s a no for us. We’re hoping maybe by spring break we’ll feel ready. We did a short two day trip to a national park and some areas were more crowded than I expected. I felt really uncomfortable.

I'm a local and we've gone twice to Epcot with our 7 month old. He obviously does not wear a mask. He stays in the stroller and we stay outside and walk around World Showcase and get some things to eat. It's really just a way for us to get out of the house in a safe environment. (The rest of Central Florida is not very safe right now.) If I had to fly, I would not go to Disney with young kids. If I could drive, then yes I would go.

I'm a local and we've gone twice to Epcot with our 7 month old. He obviously does not wear a mask. He stays in the stroller and we stay outside and walk around World Showcase and get some things to eat. It's really just a way for us to get out of the house in a safe environment. (The rest of Central Florida is not very safe right now.) If I had to fly, I would not go to Disney with young kids. If I could drive, then yes I would go.

Yes, we will be driving down from the Atlanta area. Think my just over 2 year old will wear a mask ok, but if he doesn’t I don’t want to be tossed out lol

I think if I was local my answer might be a little different, but the fact that going would require so much travel for us - no I would not. It is still a very expensive trip for a lot less experience. And while we all know a Disney vacation isn’t always relaxing, it shouldn’t be straight up stressful having to worry about will my child wear a mask and what happens if he doesn’t? Worrying about if I’m asympotmatic. Worrying about a 2 week quarantine each way of travel. I understand the argument that disney seems safer than your local Walmart or Costco, but theres a lot of stops between home and Disney that might not be. I don’t judge others for their choices to go, but for us, it’s just not the right time.

I voted NO. It would involve interstate travel,and that brings high risk,whether or not we choose to believe it. And it also contributes (mostly unknowingly) to the spread of this virus. So no.
I don't care how 'clean' a procedure might appear, this is a place that encourages people from ALL OVER to come and congregate,stay in the same hotels,eat at the same restaurants,and ride the same rides. There is no way that isn't contributing to the higher numbers we're already seeing. (spreading through states) And as for the spread once the travelers leave to go home..... there no one keeping track of what happens the second that traveler isn't sitting down to eat at a table service meal at Disney World.
That's my long explanation for one word- NO.

My 4 kids are older now. 22, 20, 17 and 14. I will also be traveling with my sister and my niece. We are from Minnesota. My boys and daughter are heading back to school/college in 3 weeks. They are all doing a hybrid program which is what the district decided. A 1/4 of the football team got covid 19 partying in fields this summer so even with masks, social distancing and good hand washing, my boys probably will get it at school. So yes, i feel that we will probably do Disney this Fall. From what I’ve seen Disney is doing a good job and everyone keeps saying you can’t stop living your life. I also lost my nephew in January. He was 19. It was extremely sudden. I wish he was going too. I feel like we’ve had one heck of a year. And I’d like to grab a little bit of joy. I could pick it up from the grocery store or from one of my patients. I have worked 50+ hours a week since covid 19 started and I just want to go back.

We brought our kids, ages 1, 5, 10, 14. We flew nonstop with Delta cross country, rented a car, and stayed in the WDW ecosystem the entire time. We wiped the planes, and everywhere we ate. We also washed our clothes and masks every night. It was the most unique, and most fun trip we ever had. Felt clean and safe, we were upgraded from AoA to Riviera, had no waits for rides, were able to interact with characters from a distance, and didn't have to deal with any lines or crowds. My wife was hesitant due to the pandemic, but she ended up having a great time. No regrets here. We returned home, self quarantined ourselves, and we are ok. To each their own.

As tempting as it might be to have a low crowd experience at WDW, I just can't in good conscience plan any type of vacation right now. I have been very careful, however I have still been working this whole time, as I'm in that "essential worker" list and it's just not feasible to work from home. Our building is practically a ghost town and it's just the boss, me and two other people in our office. Still, we just got notified last week that two people in the building had tested positive and this week, my coworker who shares an office with me is quarantining for two weeks because his wife just tested positive. I have a unique situation of having a very small risk of exposure because I just simply don't see a bunch of different people in any given week or month, but it's still here, like a vulture staring down at me.

My DH hates WDW in non-pandemic times, so I would never try to drag him now. I can see the temptation the OP has as someone who also had a tall just turning 3 year-old on our first family trip, but I think the experience for kids is diminished with no shows/characters, and obviously all the necessary precautions. Apart from the risk, I don't see how I could justify the expense right now. But we just went last December, so that makes waiting for our next trip easier.

Would and did! We visited Disney for 2 weeks with our 6 and 9 yo in July. They wore masks like champs and we had a great time. We returned home 14 days ago today and everyone has been completely healthy. Officially released from self-quarantine!

We just got back from a trip a couple of weeks ago (whole family, including kiddos ages 7, 6, and 3). We loved the lower crowds and our stay at the Riviera so much that we extended our vacation an additional day. Now is the time to go, for sure!

I’ve considered it but I don’t want to fly with the whole family and I don’t want to quarantine for 14 days upon return so we are still a no for now.

My kids are older but they actually don’t want to go. Not because of fear of getting covid but because of the limited experiences, having to wear a mask outdoors, having to make park reservations and no park hopping. We wanted to take them for their 21st and 15th bdays which are days apart. They declined. We will wait until 2022 sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter