would/ will you bring your kids to Disney this year?

would/ will you bring your kids to Disney this year?

• Total voters
My kids are older but they actually don’t want to go. Not because of fear of getting covid but because of the limited experiences, having to wear a mask outdoors, having to make park reservations and no park hopping. We wanted to take them for their 21st and 15th bdays which are days apart. They declined. We will wait until 2022 sometime.

We feel the same as your children, except we add the fear of Covid into the mix. But, even without it, we have absolutely no desire at this time to visit WDW. It's just sad to us as very long time visitors and the enjoyment we have experienced with the 'full experience' to even 'see' it like it is (PH'ing and everything open is very important to us). We are willing to wait, no matter how long it takes.

No. With the masks and some experiences being either limited or canned altogether, that's not the family experience I want. So I'll wait until it really opens up.

We went...it was fun! i Never felt unsafe while there either In regards to COVID. Nearly 100% mask compliance and hand sanitizer around every corner it seemed.

I think that it really depends on your individual situation. I actually just made reservations to take my 10 year old for three days on her birthday in October. It is a surprise that my DH, her siblings and I have planned. A mommy and me birthday trip. We are able to drive there and staying on property. She has been many times before, we have AP, and is dying to go back for low crowds. She won't miss MG and parades etc, plus she is an avid mask wearer as our family has been wearing them when out since the start of this. My only concern is the hurricanes that are out there - though I guess I can reschedule if it looks bad. Fingers crossed for gorgeous fall weather.

We are not going to WDW this year but plan on a three week vacation early December. We are flying to Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming. The airline prices were so low. This will give us the chance to visit a lot of National Parks that have been on our bucket list for years. I'm not afraid to take our kids to Disney but I refuse to pay the money for less experience.(We love parades, fireworks, and the Xmas party) We are in a small minority but we refuse to stay home in fear of catching a virus. We've been eating out for months and shopping as normal, with the exception of masks. The skin is not falling off our hands from too much "germ x" as we are big soap and water supporters and I have not purchased the gel. We have friends who own small business and they are struggling. I'm hoping that since schools have opened people will be more open to taking their families out. If taking your family to Disney will leave you worrying the entire trip I say wait until things change and you feel safe doing so. Our family will travel on.....

We are going for the week of Thanksgiving (as planned now). we received a PIN code which gave us an amazing offer at POP for that week. We originally booked our trip in January - was supposed to leave tomorrow :( so we purchased the 4 day magic tickets which were reduced and had airline credit this week's cancelled trip. Could not pass up airline prices for Thanksgiving week that we got! All in all this is probably one of the least expensive trips we will have had in a long time so I'm looking at it that it kind of goes hand in hand with what we will not be able to experience.
We don't always catch parades and will miss the M&G but I'm excited for other things as well. The only part I'm having a hard time with is the BBB being closed. DD is 12 so this would probably be her last visit (yes, she still loves it. princess dresses have been gone a couple years and replaced with tutus but she still looks forward to it). If they reopen before her birthday next spring or shortly after we will probably try a quick trip for one last time.

We canceled a trip in August and I'm not sure if we'll keep our February reservations. I've hear it's fairly safe but my kids were really excited for the characters. We last went in 2014 and once we go it'll be awhile before we can return so we want the full experience.

We fortunately had a lovely trip in January 2020. One of my kids brought influenza B home with him though. Guess we could have benefited from the increased sanitation that Disney is doing now.

We were there in January 2020, and are really itching to go again... but I don't think it's a good idea for us to go this year. I am hoping everything will be more settled by the end of 2021?

My family has gone through a lot to quarantine. Flying + theme parks do not match up with our view of quarantine.

We're going to take our DS for his 7th birthday in November. We're localish (less than 1.5 hours away) so it's much different than if we had to fly here. DS is used to wearing the mask all day at school and is good listening and washing his hands when told to. However, my 4 year old will not be making the trip because she can't wear a mask for even an hour and likes to touch everything she comes across.

DH and I went to the parks in August and it overall seemed pretty safe to me. The crowds were low enough that we could stay away from people, especially outside. And you're only inside for a few minutes at a time on rides, and you're wearing a mask, as are the vast majority of people. I did get kind of annoyed that people a few cars down from us on the Little Mermaid took their masks off when they thought no one could see them. And they were the only ones I noticed that did that. The only other issue is eating. We did a really quick lunch inside because it was so hot. But in November it should be beautiful so we'll plan to be outside all day.

We canceled our November trip due to COVID-19 and the diminished Disney experience, but we are from the NYC metro area and have seen what can happen with COVID-19 at its worst. On the upside, our pediatricians office told us that COVID-19 is not super prevalent in kids and everything has been going well with hybrid schooling for our 3 school aged kids so far. If we were local to WDW, maybe we would go because people living closer to WDW would have a better idea of the conditions local to them. Let's just hope that 2021 brings better conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter