Would you add on an extra evening?

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I've planned a quick 4 night trip over my son's winter school break with a plan of two full days at Disney (park hopping) and one day at Legoland. We land at 4pm on our arrival day and they have EMH at Epcot till 11pm that night. I originally was going to just plan a dinner adr for that evening but now am considering going from hopefully 6p/7p-10p. I was able to get a FP for Spaceship Earth, Character Spot and FEA for the evening beginning at 5:50p, figured we may make the tail end of the first FP plus could also see Illuminations and maybe get some time to walk around the World Showcase.

Would you find it worth adding the ticket for an evening? We don't usually go during EMH, are the WS shops even open?

I would, but my trips are usually long enough that it's $10-15 (or $0, since I'm usually AP.) Is it the third day on the ticket? If so, that's pretty steep for a couple of hours.

ETA: No, I don't think I'd burn an NE day. Those have a pretty good chunk of value.

I'm seriously torn. We usually go for 7-8 nights, I'm not used to planning within this tight schedule. I feel like it's an expense to travel and stay there so want to make the most of it, I'm really debating whether using a ticket day for the evening is at all worth it. I may keep the FPs and see what time we land and get to the resort, if we can get there by a decent time go for it, if we're at all delayed by the plane or ME then skip it.

Usually I'd always be in favor of an extra day, but I probably would rest up for two days of heavy duty touring. Where are you staying? Maybe plan an ADR at DS or a resort?

Usually I'd always be in favor of an extra day, but I probably would rest up for two days of heavy duty touring. Where are you staying? Maybe plan an ADR at DS or a resort?

It's a mom/son trip so for just the two of us I booked POP. I've already had an adr for that evening at Chef Mickey's which I canceled, then Whispering Canyon which I canceled, then Yachtsman, also canceled.

I am kind of indecisive when I start planning so far out. :crazy2::hyper2::crazy::badpc:o_O

The best thing about two-person trips... so easy to change things up and just go with the flow!

(I know that didn't really help with your question OP, sorry. I think I'd probably plan the park time.)

It's a mom/son trip so for just the two of us I booked POP. I've already had an adr for that evening at Chef Mickey's which I canceled, then Whispering Canyon which I canceled, then Yachtsman, also canceled.

I am kind of indecisive when I start planning so far out. :crazy2::hyper2::crazy::badpc:o_O

Hahaha! I understand! If you decide not to go to Epcot, you could just see what pops up on MDE for dinner. Or just eat at POP and maybe do the movie at the resort? We have a four night trip for spring break, which is centered around going down to watch our HS band at MK. I'm not really planning to do much of anything. It's going to be a totally different kind of trip.

The best thing about two-person trips... so easy to change things up and just go with the flow!

(I know that didn't really help with your question OP, sorry. I think I'd probably plan the park time.)
I would, but my trips are usually long enough that it's $10-15 (or $0, since I'm usually AP.) Is it the third day on the ticket? If so, that's pretty steep for a couple of hours.

ETA: No, I don't think I'd burn an NE day. Those have a pretty good chunk of value.

I would not burn a NE day for just a few hours.

I like that plan. There's no harm in keeping the FP and playing it by ear, so I think you'd be fine to wait and se

Thank you everyone, it's helpful to hear everyone's opinions. I'm going to think about it, I like having the FP just in case and can always cancel them that day if it doesn't work out. I also like the idea of trying for a last minute adr and seeing where MDE takes us, lol. :magnify::thanks::cool::scratchin

Hahaha! I understand! If you decide not to go to Epcot, you could just see what pops up on MDE for dinner. Or just eat at POP and maybe do the movie at the resort? We have a four night trip for spring break, which is centered around going down to watch our HS band at MK. I'm not really planning to do much of anything. It's going to be a totally different kind of trip.

This was originally supposed to be a non-planned relaxing quick trip, then I broke down and started going plan crazy. I blame the FoP FP+ mania, it got the better of me and was downhill from there. :crowded::laughing::lmao:

Oh - I realized I didn't answer one of your original questions. I don't think the WS is open for EMH. You can wander it, of course, and Frozen should be open - but I know for sure things like F&W kiosks close (which is a huge gripe of mine) and I'm not sure the pavilions are open in general. If you do opt to go, get food BEFORE regular park close, because it can be hard to find during EMH and you might not make it back to Everything Pop before midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter