Would you applaud part 2

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I keep thinking of that thread and if that guy is anything like me the one that got up and dance he was more then likely hurt

Yes I am gen y and look to be offended or at least that is how society seees me

But on one hand I should be able to drive the golf cart with out the ohh and awws my mom not only got me the right glasses to correct my vision problem but she has been my passenger and she deams (sp) me a safe driver

So save your appolse (sp) for some one that is preforming

Please don't use it on dh and I for doing every day things we find it hurtful

Last edited:
I keep thinking of that thread and if that guy is anything like me the one that got up and dance he was more then likely hurt

Yes I am gen y and look to be offended or at least that is how society seees me

But on one hand I should be able to drive the golf cart with out the ohh and awws my mom not only got me the right glasses to correct my vision problem but she has been my passenger and she deams (sp) me a safe driver

So save your appolse (sp) for some one that is preforming

Please don't use it on dh and I for doing every day things we find it hurtful

I feel that when a person overcomes a challenge that life puts in front of them, whether everyday chores or something extraordinary, I think it deserves acknowledgement. I admire things like that. A couple of stories that I read, one was about a boy whose legs got burned in a school fire, had to learn to walk again and became a famous runner (don't remember the name). The other story was about Fredrick Douglass, since he was a slave he wasn't allowed to go to school, but still learned how to read by tricking boys who did go to school. Reading your posts I realize that you would like to live an ordinary life, do things easily without people noticing. The truth of the matter is that life gave you challenges to overcome and as I see it, you are doing just that and people around you are acknowledging that if they applaud you.

I feel that when a person overcomes a challenge that life puts in front of them, whether everyday chores or something extraordinary, I think it deserves acknowledgement. I admire things like that. A couple of stories that I read, one was about a boy whose legs got burned in a school fire, had to learn to walk again and became a famous runner (don't remember the name). The other story was about Fredrick Douglass, since he was a slave he wasn't allowed to go to school, but still learned how to read by tricking boys who did go to school. Reading your posts I realize that you would like to live an ordinary life, do things easily without people noticing. The truth of the matter is that life gave you challenges to overcome and as I see it, you are doing just that and people around you are acknowledging that if they applaud you.

I see your point of view I just wish it was easier to take the praise because from your post it sounds like it's earned

I completely understand and agree with you, Tink. You just want to go on with your life without people making a fuss over you and your DH. It doesn't matter if others want to give "acknowledgment" "applause" or some other response. Such things can come -and usually are- quite condescending. It doesn't matter why they do it, if it makes YOU feel uncomfortable, you have every right to let it be known and you have every right to feel the way do do. No one can tell you you are wrong about it.

As for the guy in the applause post, I also think he was hurt and embarrassed to be singled out that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter