• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you believe... August 2014???

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
OK, I know it's only January 2013, and we have many, many months before we're back in the World.

But it's never too early to plan a Disney vacation, so I'm starting a thread. Any other uber-planners want to join in?

As you can tell from my signature, we're a family of 5. I'm sincerely hoping for a deal that would make the Beach Club possible once more-- we had the time of our lives there last year. And the BC staff was incredibly helpful when my husband ended up in the ER the night before we left.

Of course, being 2 teachers, those Deluxe prices can be tough to swallow, even 18 months out. So we'll hope for a deal or a PIN code, and keep the teacher's discount at the Dolphin as a backup. (They have Deluxe Alcove rooms that sleep 6.)

We'll do the DDP. We didn't have it last summer, opting to get YES tickets instead. We loved the YES classes, but really missed the DDP.

We'll book through the same travel agent-- Tracey H from Dreams Unlimited. She was wonderful. I'll get in touch with her in the spring, and ask her to book when the 2014 dates open up this summer.

So.... anyone want to join me on an 18 month journey planning a Disney World trip?

Uber planner here!! I like long reports and 2014 will be here before we know it! I started a PTR a bit ago and my trip is going to be late 2013 or maybe even 2014 - so you aren't alone! I look forward to reading about your plans and I hope that you get a great deal on the BC!

18 months for us too! My husband is in the military and we're stationed overseas. We'll be back in 2014 and I'm already planning our Disney trip! Lol :-)

Hi!! Brand new to the discussion--joined cause of this post! Had to laugh cause after reading it I thought maybe my husband had joined and wrote it because it sounded so familiar. We also have 3 kids--in 2014 they will be 8,13, and 16. This will be my 15th trip to WDW. Can't start planning too early!! Looking forward to hearing everyone's tips for smart planning ahead! Hope you find the "pins" and "codes" you are looking for to get back to BC!!

Wow... what a fabulous response for so early on a Sunday morning!

Welcome, Laufer. How funny that our kids are so close in age!

Looks like I'll have several planning buddies.

So-- where are you guys thinking of staying? Dining plan or no?

We're thinking Boardwalk Inn. We had a great stay at Yacht Club in 2011. Love the Boardwalk area! We're foodies with no kids so Deluxe Dining Plan for us! We love sitting down to a Signature restaurant every night-even though I do feel like our days revolve around ADRs. :mickeyjum

We're thinking Boardwalk Inn. We had a great stay at Yacht Club in 2011. Love the Boardwalk area! We're foodies with no kids so Deluxe Dining Plan for us! We love sitting down to a Signature restaurant every night-even though I do feel like our days revolve around ADRs. :mickeyjum

We have our old favorites, but I would be interested in your recommendations for restaurants. Signatures are pretty much off the table, but I'm curious about the others.

I started planning my trip this far in advance as well, only we are August 2013 now. The time will fly by, you'll see! The Boardwalk Inn is lovely - sending you pixie dust for a code! As teachers you earn it! :goodvibes

I am really hoping to make it to Disney sometime this year, but the odds are rather low at the moment. :rotfl:

So, I have decided to aim for Aug '14. Plenty of time to save and obsess over the details. :goodvibes

On our last visit, we visted a table service in the morning for breakfast and a Signature restaurant in the evening. We enjoyed the variety at Chef Mickey's. But I could have done without the chaotic atmosphere. Cape May for breakfast was much better in that department, but less variety. The Hoop-De-Doo is on our list of things to do again. My husband (being the macho guy he is) thought he wouldn't enjoy it when I dragged him there during our last trip. But he loved it! The food and entertainment was great!

so glad to see i'm not alone in my (obsessing) uber-planning. LOL planning my family's first WDW trip for October 2014. went eons ago when it was just mk and epcot. DS will just have turned 8 by the time of our trip. due to finances, thinking of staying at a value resort. not too sure about park hopper, since it's our first trip. def. thinking of dining plan...looking at char. b'fast at crystal palace and char. b'fast at tusker in AK. driving down from NC. overwhelmed but excited all at the same time! looking forward to uber-planning with yiou all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter