Would You Call?

CamColt

We have an Early Intervention Speech Therapist who comes to our house weekly for DS. Our appointment time is Friday at 11:00am. DH take this as his lunch hour. Its now 11:50 and she isnt here yet. I know she goes to another kids house before us but shes always here by 11:10. Should we be worried? I dont want to nag her by calling and checking if shes just running late, but DH's lunch hour is almost over and we are stuck sitting here waiting. What would you do?

I would call to see if she is even coming. I think it is rude of her not to call you if she wasn't coming or was going to be so late.

Is this her first visit? I wouldn't call her yet. Wait and see if she arrives by 1:00 p.m. If she doesn't show by then, I'd place a call.

Once she does arrive, unless it's some catastrophic problem that delayed her, I would remind her that your husband takes time off from work to be at the session. Nicely, ask her, in the future, to let you know if she is going to be more than 5 minutes late. A quick call would make a big difference in your schedules. If it's a first visit, consider it setting the groundrules. If it's a regular you've been dealing with, just remind her of how things work for your husband.

I'd call but I'd make it light - assuming this is not the norm for her. Hope all is well with her. I know how hard to find good resource people for children.

P.S. Now if she doesn't have a good reason for being late and not calling, that's a different story. Then :mad:

Thanks for the replies! DH(aka, Mr NO Patience) called...and woke her up! I guess she had a migraine last night and took some medicine that knocked her out. LOL! While it is aggravating for us, DH even said that she sounded really out of it at first and then when he told her what time it was(she asked) she was very apologetic. Oh Well, at least we know now. :)

I'm glad you have your answer. I would've called too. I think 20 -30 minutes is more than enough time to give a professional before calling to inquire.

It siunds like she was not lying, or blowing you off, and the fact that she was very apologetic leads me to think that she did in fact probably have a problem. It's nice of you to be so understanding. If it's not a usual thing for her, I'd chalk it up to a bad day and leave it at that. All of us mess up once in a while.

Yikes she should be careful with that medication. It sounds powerful or she is very sensitive to it. I hope she is feeling better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!