• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you do this, and check my numbers!

planning06

Mouseketeer
We took advantage of the free dining plan and booked a 5 day stay in Sept. We were originally not planning on going until Aug 2006. The plan was to buy an AP ticket if AP rates were released for Aug 2006 to book 3 rooms and split the extra cost of the AP ticket between the three families. The extra cost as of now for a 7 day park hopper is 420.68-237.50 = 183.18. Divided by three that would be 61.06 for my share.

I booked the MYW + dining with a 5 day ticket. I figure we would do at least a 7 day ticket in August. Now I'm thinking I should change the MYW + dining to a 1 day base ticket and buy AP tickets. The cost of a 5 day + 7 day ticket would be 472.87(235.37+237.50) and the AP plus 1 day is 484.31 (420.68+63.63). That is only 11.44 more. Even less if the 2006 ticket rates go up. If I do it for 2 adults and 1 child the total extra cost would be 37.79. Less than my share in the plan above.

The only risk is that I wouldn't use the AP rates next August. But then, I'm only out at most $37.79, and probably less if 2006 ticket prices go up.

Would you do it? Is it a no brainer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter