Would you go to park or do resort only?

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

My so the kids and I need a vacation! We’re driving down to WDW and booked for 3 nights at BW and 2 nights at BRV this November 2020. I bought 2 day park tickets back in the spring. Problem is I don’t even know if the parks are worth it to us. My kids love character parades, meet and greets and fireworks. They’d have fun at MK, but idk about Epcot, DHS seems like a nightmare (they’re 4 and 6 and would love the shows and meet and greets but those are cancelled) and my little girl LOVES festival of lion king which isn’t running at AK. We’re going to WDW November 2021 too. I’m thinking of just splurging at DS and doing Resort only stay Especially if it’s warm weather. We live in New England and my kids love swimming and we won’t be able to do until next June. They’d love pool. Idk am I over dramatic scrapping parks? I just hate to use my hard earned money on parks right now! I know we could just apply ticket price to tickets next year.

When it comes to Disney and children, I always say that parents know what their children like the most. I don't think that you are over dramatic at all based on what they like to see in the parks. Sounds like being in the sun at the resorts one last time before winter is a great idea. Did you consider either Universal or Sea World for a weekday visit? It may be a bit cheaper and still something else to do. Either way, enjoy your trip!

Yes, we are in the same boat. Our son LOVES meets and greets, fireworks, etc, too! So we refunded our annual passes and are skipping Disney parks this time and just focusing on pool days at 3 new DVC resorts (here we come Stormalong Bay!) and going to Universal Studios/LegoLand for the first time. We are now so excited about these new things that missing the Disney parks doesn't even matter!

Yes, we are in the same boat. Our son LOVES meets and greets, fireworks, etc, too! So we refunded our annual passes and are skipping Disney parks this time and just focusing on pool days at 3 new DVC resorts (here we come Stormalong Bay!) and going to Universal Studios/LegoLand for the first time. We are now so excited about these new things that missing the Disney parks doesn't even matter!
Omg I didn’t even think of LEGO land! My kids are so into legos I’m literally saving so much for a DS LEGO store visit haha take all my money kids!

Omg I didn’t even think of LEGO land! My kids are so into legos I’m literally saving so much for a DS LEGO store visit haha take all my money kids!

When I purchased the Universal tickets through Undercover Tourist (got the promo of 2 days + to get 3 days free), then a promotion was given after checkout for Legoland, maybe you'd be interested in that?

"1-Day LEGOLAND Florida TicketRetail Gate Price: $106.99 SECRET OFFER PRICE: $64.99"

Idk am I over dramatic scrapping parks?
If you are going down for only 5 days you probably could use those park days. Pick the 2 parks your kids love the most and do it. I would probably do MK (maybe even both days). It really seems that even though there are no meet and greets people are still getting a thrill out of seeing the calvicades. Seeing you will have a car and if you can find use for those tickets on a future trip then you could certainly explore other areas of orlando.

I would scrap the WDW parks and plan to do other stuff. Depending on when you go in Nov, you might be able to take in some of the christmas decorations. Disney Springs might have some of their Christmas stuff up. You could take some time and go over to AKL and see the animals over there (rideshare or take a bus to AK and then to AKL). While you are BRV, you might be able to go to Fort Wilderness and check out the Tri-Circle D Ranch. I'm not 100% sure what they will have over there at this time, but it's something to check into.

We've taken 4 yo granddaughter with no parks. Stayed at SSR, walked to DS almost every day, rode the merry go round and little train, visited the lego store, and "mickey" store, etc. And swam at least once in every pool. She loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter