Would you let your children play a video game that has talking animals?

AnimationFan94

Earning My Ears
I loved Zootopia!

I imagine if Disney or some other studio made a video game about living in a city full of fun and different talking animal characters it would become an huge hit among children and sell millions of copies!

Would you let your children play such an video game?

Why wouldn't a parent allow this? :confused3
I remember selling my Apple ][ computer many years ago, and I threw in some games, but the buyer wouldn't take one of them. I don't remember which it was but it featured some fantasy elements that the buyer indicated was contrary to his religion.

Why not.....would people actually not because of that? Could they not watch Lion King.....Madagascar.....etc....

I imagine if Disney or some other studio made a video game about living in a city full of fun and different talking animal characters it would become an huge hit among children and sell millions of copies!

Yes, of course. There already are and were TONS of games like this, many based on children’s books and/or TV shows. Arthur, Little Bear, Richard Scarry’s Busytown, The Backyardigans, Peppa Pig, etc., to name only a few. And guess what? All the classic Disney characters are animals: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Winnie the Pooh and friends, etc. Seems like an odd question. Is this a joke?

I don’t play it, but isn’t that animal crossing?
Yes, we loved Animal Crossing and it is hugely popular.

Last edited:

No, talking animals offend me. Some of the things that came out of Bugs Bunny's mouth still make me cry, Mr. Ed was the rudest horse I've ever seen and don't even get me started on how angry Barney is...he just hides it all behind that cheery voice... :P

I loved Zootopia!

The question should be why WOULDN'T you allow your child to play a video game with talking animals? :magnify: Seriously, why would a parent have an issue with this? I dont get it.

Considering I played such games as a kid, yes. Hell, Disney's Magic Kingdoms game has some talking animal characters in it. Like most others in this thread, I don't see it being an issue.

For a while, I wished my dog spoke but then I realized all she'd say is stuff like "Why do you get a bratwurst and I don't? That's canine discrimination, I tell ya!!" I call her a Hufflepup/Slitherdog. She's loyal, friendly and kind like a Hufflepuff and sneaky like a Slytherin when it comes to people food. I had to take her to vet yesterday after she snuck a corn cob and ate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!