Would you make a new booking for next year?

17th - 30th August. Flying from Gatwick and returning into Heathrow but that's fine by us coz we will get a lift.

With the hotel its roughly £2200 :scared:
There was more expensive options for hotels but tbh the one we are looking at looks nice.

I think we are going to book and take a gamble :)

Mm I can't get it to show me a return date that far in advance. I will try again. That's a great price. Did you book

After doing a bit of research and reading reviews of the hotel, it seems that it isn't quite as nice as the photos show.

But there are still some great deals :)

Did you book a different hotel ? I'm sure anywhere will feel a big step down from the grand Floridian but we have stayed in some low budget perfectly acceptable hotels around cross roads area / lbv.

Did you book a different hotel ? I'm sure anywhere will feel a big step down from the grand Floridian but we have stayed in some low budget perfectly acceptable hotels around cross roads area / lbv.
We have stayed in some nice resorts in the lbv area too :)

Our Grand Floridian stay really was a treat as we found an exceptionally good deal. We are so glad we did it as we could never afford that now!

Update - We haven't booked anything :guilty:

We was looking at prices last friday afternoon at a slightly more expensive hotel (still v good deal) but I had to pick dd up from school so was going to book as soon as I got back. When i got back home the prices had gone up which totally stumped us as half an hour before they was £600+ cheaper :headache: I know it's still a good deal but with the current situation and fewer experiences in WDW we wanted a super cheap deal.

Since then it has been said that BA are fighting for survival.
I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. So, did the price go up to stop us from booking?

Back to plan C and hope we can book a onsite stay for 2022 with free dining 🤞🏻

i've booked our DVC reservations for july/august 2021, but i won't buy the plane tickets for a very long time...
i usually buy seats as soon as they become available, but not this year...
i'll wait until we're much closer to the date..
things are still way too up in the air....so to speak..

Just to point out all airlines currently are fighting for survival. The chance that BA will be allowed to fail under the current situation is very slim in all honesty. I personally don't feel it will be the big guys going under any time soon. Yes there is a lot of chatter but there has been throughout and most of it is to try and get the government to help out more. The industry as a whole is being devastated by this pandemic

That said I completely agree that things happen for a reason and the price jump definitely made your decision on this one! :D I'm sure that in a few months you will find a better deal

Update - We haven't booked anything :guilty:

We was looking at prices last friday afternoon at a slightly more expensive hotel (still v good deal) but I had to pick dd up from school so was going to book as soon as I got back. When i got back home the prices had gone up which totally stumped us as half an hour before they was £600+ cheaper :headache: I know it's still a good deal but with the current situation and fewer experiences in WDW we wanted a super cheap deal.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. So, did the price go up to stop us from booking?

Back to plan C and hope we can book a onsite stay for 2022 with free dining 🤞🏻

Don't book the Grand Orlando, it'll likely be a building site. It's supposed to be refurbed to be a Marriot 'Delta' Brand Hotel, but it's currently run independently. The refurb was due in 2018, and keeps being put off. Rust and mould in bathrooms, leaky aircon causing wet carpets etc!

Bookings for WDW have now reopened for the rest of 2021 (possibly longer for UK).
Prices, tickets, etc seem to be much the same as earlier this year.

But I believe they've reopened for the US as well, so if you have a particular wish or need rapid action might be sensible.

Don't book the Grand Orlando, it'll likely be a building site. It's supposed to be refurbed to be a Marriot 'Delta' Brand Hotel, but it's currently run independently. The refurb was due in 2018, and keeps being put off. Rust and mould in bathrooms, leaky aircon causing wet carpets etc!
After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided against it. I know you always usually get one or two bad reviews but there was more bad than good for that place! The one that did it for me was drug paraphanalia on the stairwell!! No wonder it was so cheap.

We have been planning 2021 for years as it is my youngest's 18th

We are booked for Aug 2021 but we are DVC members so we can slide the room to July 2022 if we need to.

We have also booked a Virgin fly drive with tickets and might have to pay to move it to 2022. Keeping an open mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!