Would you rather have Mick Jagger

Never been an Elvis fan...just not rock enough for my roll. 8-) :D

your crazy
tumblr_o4fi9nqCNr1urz3l2o1_400.gif

If it's a choice between them, I choose Mick for sure. I honestly don't think there are that many Elvis impersonators worldwide; I think that's more An American thing. I believe Mick had more impact

But to tell you the truth, I'd choose Paul McCartney over Elvis or Jagger. Super-talented songwriter, worldwide succesd as a performer, but with a reasonable normal family life (as much as one can be normal with that level of fame) and has been filling stadiums around the world for fifty years...Yeah, I think I'd like that :)

Mick over Elvis. Both have decent music, but I'd rather take old Mick over fat Elvis any day.

Been to Graceland three times in the 4 years I've lived in Memphis. I'm not a big Elvis fan, but DH grew up in an household with parents who were BIG fans.

I just saw her being interviewed in the film Tab Hunter Confidential which was on TCM. Apparently they “dated” when they were contemporaries In Hollywood and remained friends until his death.

I believe Mick had more impact
I am a very big Stones fan and grew up in the Elvis era. I like them both, a lot. I do think though that Elvis has had a larger impact. With impact defined as influencing the future, in this case, pop music in general. Elvis was the one, or at least a very important one, who, with many of his early covers, took black inspired blues music to a more white audience. Some came before him, but he, for various reasons, was the breakout guy. Others followed him at the time. The Stones, Beatles and countless others in the 60's, 70's and beyond, state that they were influenced very heavily on the music of the 50's., inclusive of Elvis. Also, his gyrating moves, pretty eye-opening at the time, led to many performing likewise in years to come, like Mick for instance. Or James Brown, or Michael Jackson.

I probably am a bigger Stones/Mick fan, but I do think Elvis has had the bigger musical impact. Just my opinion, not trying to convert anyone. :)

And I do like Elvis' gospel music better than Mick's. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter