Would you rather (weather question)....

Shadow02

Earning My Ears
Would you rather go to MK on a sunny day and have the hotel day be rainy (where the plan was to get sun and relax by pool all day) OR go to MK on the potentially rainy day and have the pool day sunny and nice?

Note- it’s this Saturday, the day before Easter, that looks rainy as of now. (Fingers crosses it changes). We could make this a MK day and do the pool on Tuesday instead when it looks nice.

Our boys are older (teens) and we’ve been to MK for one day the past few spring breaks so the magic of it all isn’t there so much. Only one is enthused really even about going. We are using up tickets that are leftover from previous visit.

Part of me thinks we should go to MK on the rainy day (if forecast stays the same) in hopes it’s less crowded (although it’s Easter weekend) and enjoy the Florida sunshine on the other days.

Are rainy days at MK miserable????

The best day we ever had at MK was on a rainy day. You might miss out on a couple of outdoor rides, but the lack of crowds was amazing. We went on a day that started very rainy. We wore ponchos and keens. So we stayed fairly dry. The crowds were so low we felt like we were the only people in the park. We walked on every ride. The day started to clear off in the early afternoon and we were able to ride BTM and SM before the crowds hit. One of my favorite days at WDW.

Last edited:
Def MK on the rainy day. There's still so much to do there and your options are limited at the hotel if it's raining.

As long as you don't mind being wet - and have shoes/clothes that will have time to dry - rainy days can be fine!

I'd rather go to MK. If I was a teenager, I'd prefer a water park over a pool day. I'd also want more exciting rides than MK offers too, but I'd still have fun at MK.

Bring rain gear or umbrellas. Outdoor rides will shutdown when it starts raining. Have backup plans.

The best day we ever had at MK was on a rainy day. You might miss out on a couple of outdoor rides, but the lack of crowds was amazing. We went on a day that started very rainy. We wore ponchos and keens. So we stayed fairly dry. The crowds were so low we felt like the only people in the park. We walked on every ride. The day started to clear off in the early afternoon and we were able to ride BTM and SM before the crowds hit. One of my favorite days at WDW.

I was thinking the same thing. And on the same line, I would guess the Hotel will be overly crowded on rainy days.

For sure Disney Springs is busy on rainy days; been there done that! :blush: Unless the rain is torrential and isn’t expected to slow down (that happened to us on a July trip; a tropical storm brushed the area), rock the ponchos and keep going.

THE BEST DAY we ever had at Typhoon Lagoon, arrived in a downpour, that blew over while we settled in and ate lunch. A couple hours before close, lightning shut everything down again. While we huddled under the shelter (which has lightning rods), wife ask about leaving. I looked around and saw everyone packing up. I said lets have a beer and wait a while. When it reopened I couldn't see any other guests near us. Staff FAR outnumbered guests. We might see two people at the top of a ride every now and then. We rode EVERYTHING in 1 1/2 hours, some stuff twice! Rather tiring though, since we spent over an hour walking up hills and stairs.

That was probably the last time I made a great decision :D

if it is not a downpour...but some light continuous rain....go to the parks
the rain will keep many people away...so it really is less crowded...and most of the ques/rides are indoors or covered anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter