Would you recommend photopass?

albertamom

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!

We will be first-time visitors next summer. We have adult children and will not be doing character meet & greets. We enjoy photopass in the US mainly for ride photos and a few family shots from around the parks.

How many rides provide photos? Are photographers plentiful throughout the parks?

DLP is a different set up completely to the US. There aren't photopass opportunities around the parks like in the US and there are only (I think) 6 rides which support photopass (Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain?) The main focus of photopass at DLP is character meets but again not all of these have a photographer.

We have annual pass photopass, it's worth it for us as we do a few visits and lots of character meets.

DLP is a different set up completely to the US. There aren't photopass opportunities around the parks like in the US and there are only (I think) 6 rides which support photopass (Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain?) The main focus of photopass at DLP is character meets but again not all of these have a photographer.

We have annual pass photopass, it's worth it for us as we do a few visits and lots of character meets.

Thank you! Do you know offhand what it costs to purchase an individual ride picture?

Thank you! Do you know offhand what it costs to purchase an individual ride picture?

My Sister has just returned from DLP and it was 16 Euros per photo.

I am trying to look for information on the photopass editing - we've been to Orlando and used photopass each time, my Sister has just logged on to view and edit her DLP pics, but there are no borders or characters etc to add, is this right?!

Unfortunately that is right. No borders, character signatures or anything like this.

My Sister has just returned from DLP and it was 16 Euros per photo.

I am trying to look for information on the photopass editing - we've been to Orlando and used photopass each time, my Sister has just logged on to view and edit her DLP pics, but there are no borders or characters etc to add, is this right?!

Thank you! I think we may just buy a couple of ride photos and forego photopass.

If you aren't to pushed on missing the ride photos I would wait until the last day and then decide whether to buy it based on how many characters you meet. When we were there last year we only saw 5 photographers in 5 days so between characters and rides only had 35 photos which compared to Disneyland in California for 5 days we came home from there with 365 photos :rolleyes: I know California photopass is more expensive but still there's a tiny difference between 35 and 365 lol

Unfortunately that is right. No borders, character signatures or anything like this.

Thank you for the info - I don't see the point of buying Photopass then! (at DLP). My Sister was really disappointed by the lack of photographers / characters compared to what is available at WDW.

I think if I were the OP then I would save my money, my Sisters photopass pics were no better than the ones they had taken themselves. So surprised Disney doesn't offer the same Photopass service at DLP! Just to add they did enjoy their holiday at DLP and would go again, which surprised me as we love going to WDW :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter