Would you rent a car if......

WLodgeLizard

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
We require a wheelchair accessible van. These rent for about $100 per day. It works out to be close to $1,000 for the week with taxes and fees. We are leaning towards not renting a van and using the excursions thru Aulani. We really want to do Pearl Harbor. Not too sure about other excursions

What are the thoughts about booking Pearl Harbor and other excursions thru Aulani? Does anyone have experience with those tours and having a wheelchair (or scooter)?

TIA,

WLL

We require a wheelchair accessible van. These rent for about $100 per day. It works out to be close to $1,000 for the week with taxes and fees. We are leaning towards not renting a van and using the excursions thru Aulani. We really want to do Pearl Harbor. Not too sure about other excursions

What are the thoughts about booking Pearl Harbor and other excursions thru Aulani? Does anyone have experience with those tours and having a wheelchair (or scooter)?

TIA,

WLL
I have not been yet...trip is coming up in April. We are renting a scooter for my DH while at Aulani. We have arranged through http://ugomobility.com.
The website is great because there are a series of videos demonstrating scooter mobility/accessibility at the major attractions including Pearl Harbor. We are getting a portable scooter that comes apart and have rented a regular minivan. We have just booked our tickets for Pearl Harbor memorial. Hope this helps in some way!

I didn't go through Aulani, but Pearl Harbor was a good experience. Depending on how long your staying it seems about 9-10 days. What type of room are you in? Kitchen? The benefits of a car would come in handy. The food at the resort is expensive, really you have to figure out the cost between excursions versus paying your way and eating at less expensive places with more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter