would you still visit seaworld if there were no performance shows?

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
this was mentioned on another thread - so out of interest would you still visit SW if there were no whale/dolphin shows?

yes/no?

if yes - what would you visit instead?

be interesting to see peoples answers.

thanks.

NO.

I have to go there at least one more time (haven´t done Manta yet).

I truly think that Seaworld was a brilliant park... I enjoyed my visits and we went every year.
But the HIGHLIGHT of the whole park (coasters beside!) was BELIEVE and Shamu Rocks! :cool1:
If they no longer do this show (and they don´t when they don´t interact!!!) I am not interested to see this again.

I think the interaction with the dolphins and the whales was what made Seaworld so special!

Yes I would. I mean obviously a huge chunk of the park would be missing, but I'd still visit. Such a nice atmosphere, some good rides, and great expirences :goodvibes

Id still go I start going in 2000 the first 3 years I didn't do any of the shows In all the years I have gone I seen the dolphin show twice the shamu show twice first time I went to that was 2006 or 2007 must look back on photos to see what year I went first and done sea loin and otter show once I have to say the sea loin and otter show is my fave never went before 2009 but I loved it esp the pre show with the mime he is funny.

We love Seaworld, and it is probably our fav park in Orlando!!! For us, it's the atmosphere! When I am at Disney, I feel like I spend 90% of my day in line, and grumpy, cause my kids are tired of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seaworld, is such a laid back place to be! We walked in last year, after doing a few other days at other parks! We had decided we actually weren't going to do SW last year, as we have overkilled it the last 3 years!! Our girls begged, and bugged, so we decided to buy tickets and take them back, half way through our trip! As we were walking along the paths, my husband looked at me, and said, this is my fav park, no rushing, no pushing, it feels like our home park!! So we upgraded to season passes, and will be back in March!!
NO doubt the shows would leave something to desire if they no longer existed, but if the whales were there, & dolphins even to see, we would probably still go!

I would have to say that we would still go if there were no shows. It is really a very informative and educational park. I understand that many people do not believe the animials there should be in captivity; however, all the animals at SeaWorld have either been rescued for one reason or another and brought to SW or were born there and cannot be released into the wild. We did a behind the scenes tour when we were there three years ago (Polar Bears and Penguins) and will be doing another one when we go in October (Seals and Sea Lions). The trainers are always very willing to answer questions and educate people regarding the animals and animal behaviors. It is probably our favorite park to visit!

IMO - The shows are what Sea World does best. I don't know that it would make sense for us to go there without the shows as we have a local aquarium where we can see the sea life and could go to any amusement/ theme park for rides. (Although Manta was really cool.) The Sea Lion and Dolphin shows were my favorites on our recent trip, but all the shows were good.
So, I guess my answer is no. Going to Sea World without the shows would be like going to Grandma's when she's not home.

If I still get to feed the dolphins, my answer is yes, but seriously, no other zoos around me have whales and dolphins to at least look at, and what other pp have mentioned, the park itself is very educational. We also did a behind the scenes tour (Rescue Tour) and we enjoyed it.

There's already been a topic on this earlier this year after the accident.

I believe many people would still visit, although part of the park is missing. There's many other reasons to keep Sea World running. They do such great work outside of the park. And this past year, Florida could've lost thousands of Sea Turtles and Manatees if they weren't there to rescue them and care for them during the worst of our cold fronts. Other facilities can do it too, and they were, but they didn't have the room or resources to provide for these animals. And this went from northern Florida all the way down to South Florida, it was a COLD winter.

Maybe you don't see it because you're not in Florida, but you will find Sea World being on the scene of an animal in need on the news. It's priceless protection for our waters.

Rescue organizations are great, they help out a lot too. But they don't have the resources for the larger animals or when there's a mass of animals. And because of the studying that Sea World/Disney do, they're better able to care for these animals when they need our help.

No there wouldn't be enough that would make it distinctive from many other zoos or aquariums I visit.

I would still go, but not as often. For example on our upcoming March 2011 trip (six days in Orlando), we are devoting two days to Sea World. If they didn't have the shows, we'd only go one day. On our other days we are already planning two days for Disney Parks, one condo tennis / pool day, and one day at the Kennedy space center. If we just did one day at Sea World instead of two, I think I'd add in another condo pool/tennis day -- We're at Orange Lake and one of their pools is more or less like a mini water park.

Of course I would it's an amazingly beautiful park with great rides and food as well as other attractions.There are also several special events like Bands,Brew and BBQ and concerts throughout the year.

Yes I would still go. ;)

Not trying to pick a fight julieannbabe. You entitled to your own opinion. It brings up something I wanted to say earlier though. Seaworld is like a big aquarium with bonuses. Being the rides and shows. Alot of people visit aquariums. And honestly, being so close to Disney, in the tourist area that is Orlando, it would still get a good amount of people to go.

Good idea making a separate thread though. It is interesting to hear peoples responses.

There's already been a topic on this earlier this year after the accident.

I believe many people would still visit, although part of the park is missing. There's many other reasons to keep Sea World running. They do such great work outside of the park. And this past year, Florida could've lost thousands of Sea Turtles and Manatees if they weren't there to rescue them and care for them during the worst of our cold fronts. Other facilities can do it too, and they were, but they didn't have the room or resources to provide for these animals. And this went from northern Florida all the way down to South Florida, it was a COLD winter.

Maybe you don't see it because you're not in Florida, but you will find Sea World being on the scene of an animal in need on the news. It's priceless protection for our waters.

Rescue organizations are great, they help out a lot too. But they don't have the resources for the larger animals or when there's a mass of animals. And because of the studying that Sea World/Disney do, they're better able to care for these animals when they need our help.

so is that a yes or no?

Yes I would still go. ;)

Not trying to pick a fight julieannbabe. You entitled to your own opinion. It brings up something I wanted to say earlier though. Seaworld is like a big aquarium with bonuses. Being the rides and shows. Alot of people visit aquariums. And honestly, being so close to Disney, in the tourist area that is Orlando, it would still get a good amount of people to go.

Good idea making a separate thread though. It is interesting to hear peoples responses.

i know that you are not trying to pick a fight.
it interesting to hear peoples opinions whether they would go or not if there were no shows.

I wouldn't go at the current prices, but at a reduced rate we would still go. It is the park we have had the most success with my kids. We have plat. passes and the prefered seating at SW is a GREAT perk as reduces our stress level quite a bit.

I would still go but I have to say it wouldn't be the same. When I first saw Believe last year, I had tears coming down my eyes. It was such an amazing show. We went 3 weeks ago and it is not the same.

I bought the Believe DVD while there this year and there is an documentary on it about the cares of the orcas. It's really educationnal and you see that the whales are like babies to the trainers. They adore them. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter