Would You try to change pre-selections?

danceintherain

DIS Veteran
DH got approved for DAS last week. I did all his pre-selections including our family of 6. I got everything we wanted with early enough times to accommodate our daily afternoon break.

We are traveling with my parents, and my mom has qualified for DAS in the past. She hasn't gotten around to registering yet for this trip. She's leaving town tomorrow, so she may not get around to it for a week.
After booking DH's, it occurred to me that he may not ride everything I have booked. His DAS qualifying challenges are a lot less predictable than my mom's and he hasn't been to Disney in about 8 years, in part, due to those challenges. He loves roller coasters, but hasn't really enjoyed them much for a long time. I don't want him to feel pressure to ride anything that he's uncomfortable with or even come into the park if he's having a bad day. Regardless, he's very sensitive to "ruining" the trip for others.

Since my mom already knows what she can and cannot handle from recent trips, would you rebook the 4 kids onto her pre-selections? Can the kids be on pre-selections for her AND DH? Would you leave as is, since the times we already have work in our plans, and we could end up with times that don't work as well?
Obviously, we can add day of passes, so it's not a big deal either way, I just like to have a plan.

TIA!

Personally I don’t usually care much about the pre-arrival selections and may not even do them anymore if I get DAS, but in your case maybe you should reschedule them if they are important to you, just in case your husband can’t ride. If he can’t ride those selections - none of you can use them.

DH got approved for DAS last week. I did all his pre-selections including our family of 6. I got everything we wanted with early enough times to accommodate our daily afternoon break.

We are traveling with my parents, and my mom has qualified for DAS in the past. She hasn't gotten around to registering yet for this trip. She's leaving town tomorrow, so she may not get around to it for a week.
After booking DH's, it occurred to me that he may not ride everything I have booked. His DAS qualifying challenges are a lot less predictable than my mom's and he hasn't been to Disney in about 8 years, in part, due to those challenges. He loves roller coasters, but hasn't really enjoyed them much for a long time. I don't want him to feel pressure to ride anything that he's uncomfortable with or even come into the park if he's having a bad day. Regardless, he's very sensitive to "ruining" the trip for others.

Since my mom already knows what she can and cannot handle from recent trips, would you rebook the 4 kids onto her pre-selections? Can the kids be on pre-selections for her AND DH? Would you leave as is, since the times we already have work in our plans, and we could end up with times that don't work as well?
Obviously, we can add day of passes, so it's not a big deal either way, I just like to have a plan.

TIA!
Guests using DAS can only have 2 preselects a day. So, no double dipping for the kids.

Update: Her anxiety was too bad the last few weeks, so she didn't end up registering until yesterday. Her options were much more limited, so I just left our pre-selections as is. She may not use any of them, but that's ok.
She is so relieved that her registration was very quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter