Wouldn't it be great if Disney let you swap resorts you own?

What do you mean by intense? Expensive? New VGF owner here...

Just buy both, like we did! LOL. At the price we bought them, our BLT points will end up being our sleep-around points, except so far we really like BLT so we may not do much sleeping around until 2019 or 2020. It's hard to beat the extra bathroom in the bigger units, and the walk to MK. And the views are pretty terrific too.

Yes, the points per night are much higher than BCV. I had a choice between a 350 BCV vs a 500 VGF at the time and one calculations I didn’t appreciate was how many pts VGF gobbles!

Buy BCV -I know right!? Alas, we also own Aulani 600 and so we’re pretty happy with the dues we’re paying now. And by happy I mean, don’t want any more : ). However, I am casually looking for VGC and may just have to pick up a few there becuase we’re west coast and that’s my current hole. Then I swear, we’re done. Most probably...

Yes, the points per night are much higher than BCV. I had a choice between a 350 BCV vs a 500 VGF at the time and one calculations I didn’t appreciate was how many pts VGF gobbles!

Buy BCV -I know right!? Alas, we also own Aulani 600 and so we’re pretty happy with the dues we’re paying now. And by happy I mean, don’t want any more : ). However, I am casually looking for VGC and may just have to pick up a few there becuase we’re west coast and that’s my current hole. Then I swear, we’re done. Most probably...

haha... yeah. I haven't even used our VGF contract yet, and I'm looking at a possible trip during easter week next year, and .... just OUCH. The problem is we have plenty to stay in a 1BR every other year, and I *know* the original plan was to alternate contracts, but the reality is that I'd like to go more than once a year if I'm being totally honest with myself. Which means more points.

And while I have a ton of Starwood points that are good for staying at the Swolphin, it's not BWV or BCV. So that is still bugging me.

In a perfect world I'd have about 50 more BLT points; 100-200 more VGF points; and 100 points at BWV or BCV. That sounds reasonable, right?

haha... yeah. I haven't even used our VGF contract yet, and I'm looking at a possible trip during easter week next year, and .... just OUCH. The problem is we have plenty to stay in a 1BR every other year, and I *know* the original plan was to alternate contracts, but the reality is that I'd like to go more than once a year if I'm being totally honest with myself. Which means more points.

And while I have a ton of Starwood points that are good for staying at the Swolphin, it's not BWV or BCV. So that is still bugging me.

In a perfect world I'd have about 50 more BLT points; 100-200 more VGF points; and 100 points at BWV or BCV. That sounds reasonable, right?
Totally reasonable!

We own 560 total between VGF and BLT. We are happy with that amount. It gets us what we want. We are going to have to borrow for our spring break trip next year because it is so expensive (2-bedroom for a week), but then we are taking a Disney break to let the SWL hysteria die down. As a bonus, our friends are renting most of our remaining 2019 VGF points to come with us. We have them a “friend discount”. ;) I will be interested to see how many DVC’ers take the break when it is crazy busy for a year or so. Maybe that’s just us!

I will be interested to see how many DVC’ers take the break when it is crazy busy for a year or so. Maybe that’s just us!
Same. After Summer 2019 trip, we have "scheduled" in a 1.5 year break to let the crazy die down. It's funny how DVC gets us to schedule "breaks" from our vacations.

Same. After Summer 2019 trip, we have "scheduled" in a 1.5 year break to let the crazy die down. It's funny how DVC gets us to schedule "breaks" from our vacations.

We may take a break between Spring 2019 and Summer 2020. so, like 15-16 months... We shall see.

We may take a break between Spring 2019 and Summer 2020. so, like 15-16 months... We shall see.

And my wife said she wanted this year to be a disney break...then she says we should hit up Disneyland...and then a disney cruise.

I'm headed off to paris for work in a week and we'll be hitting up DLP as well. So we went from no Disney trips to suddenly three.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter