WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Yes and I have the vet bills to prove it

Just a few months ago paid &1900.00 for gum surgery and bottom teeth extractions on one cat
Other cat was cheaper at $879

Yes and I have the vet bills to prove it

Just a few months ago paid &1900.00 for gum surgery and bottom teeth extractions on one cat
Other cat was cheaper at $879

Wow!! I understand! With all of the cats we've had there have been surgeries, dental work, and one we even took to Cornell Veterinary School for a radiation treatment on her thyroid! But they're such a special part of the family! :cat:

I looked up some rates with Avis for a one day car rental at the HRH and they're very affordable. An economy car is only $42/day including taxes & fees with a prepaid reservation using the AARP discount! I think that's a really good deal and as long as we return the car that evening to the valet at the hotel, we won't pay a parking fee!! So, even though we want to do a few things offsite and would need a car for a few days, i think it's cheaper to do one day car rentals so that we save the daily parking charges at the hotel. The daily valet parking at HRH is $33/night plus tax(we like the convenience of valet vs self park) so we can almost pay for a day of car rental by saving paying the parking fee. :thumbsup2

One of our main offsite plans includes visiting Sea World!

SeaWorld_Logo.jpg

We usually buy AP's and then visit a lot that year- then wait a couple of years. It's time again! I love it there! The rides, the shows, and of course, the animals:love: are amazing!!

And I've been reading @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 's TR!! Gina, I am just LOVING every picture of Sea World!! And Aquatica!:) I think we'll get the AP to include Sea World, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens. While I don't ride much at BG because of all the big, crazy roller coasters, the rest of my family enjoys all of those rides. I do about 2 rides there, but thoroughly enjoy the shows and the animals!! And Tampa is an easy day trip from Orlando!

I saw on another thread about the shuttle from the UO hotels to Sea World. I'm usually not a fan of the hotel shuttles to the parks, but I think it's worth it to inquire about it at the hotel. And as others suggested, maybe use the shuttle there and Uber/Lyft the way back.

Hi I just found your report and so happy to follow along:jumping1:...

OMG! When I read your feelings on HHN the first time I totally got it!! When we go to the parks for Halloween I am the biggest wimp!! I find any and every path around the scare zones. At Cedar Point they still sell BOO necklaces. If you wear this the actors don't bother you. Me and Olivia have a collection of them :rotfl:

It sounds like you have a great trip planned!! I will be looking forward to hearing all about it.

We have stayed at HRH and enjoyed it. I was glad to see you post pics on the club lounge. We have started getting into them with the teens and it is great!

I understand about the vet bills.... With my rescues I could have bought 2 vacation homes... with that said I will do anything for my fur babies!!!! I love to see all the happy fur baby moms:goodvibes

I’ve had no problems using Avis

Once a person turns 50, AARP has some decent discounts for car rental

But you are way too young to qualify ..

Mac this is the best news I heard all day:teeth: ....I just joined AARP and was going to look into their discounts:thumbsup2

I saw the Avis deal in the AARP magazine they send out.
You should be able to find the deal in the website.
If you can't, let me know and I will send you the direct booking link for it.

Hi I just found your report and so happy to follow along:jumping1:...

OMG! When I read your feelings on HHN the first time I totally got it!! When we go to the parks for Halloween I am the biggest wimp!! I find any and every path around the scare zones. At Cedar Point they still sell BOO necklaces. If you wear this the actors don't bother you. Me and Olivia have a collection of them :rotfl:

It sounds like you have a great trip planned!! I will be looking forward to hearing all about it.

We have stayed at HRH and enjoyed it. I was glad to see you post pics on the club lounge. We have started getting into them with the teens and it is great!

I understand about the vet bills.... With my rescues I could have bought 2 vacation homes... with that said I will do anything for my fur babies!!!! I love to see all the happy fur baby moms:goodvibes

Mac this is the best news I heard all day:teeth: ....I just joined AARP and was going to look into their discounts:thumbsup2

Hi Bobbie! So happy that you're reading along!!:yay:

I'd like a BOO necklace! I don't think the scareactors at HHN would honor it:confused3

Yes- love staying club level! We really do get our money's worth from doing so. I agree- with the kids it's nice to have somewhere that they can get food and drinks all day! Joe and I like the evening appetizers, drinks, and dessert!:love:

I'd have the vacation home next door to you with all I've spent over the years on my cats!:laughing: But I wouldn't trade all the joy my brood has given all of us!!:cat: It's so nice to talk to other fur baby moms here!:)

I saw the Avis deal in the AARP magazine they send out.
You should be able to find the deal in the website.
If you can't, let me know and I will send you the direct booking link for it.

I have to pull out my AARP magazine! I might be missing out on other discounts!

We use our card at Denny's and Bonefish! Nice savings!!:thumbsup2

The best part of turning 50 is getting the "senior" discounts....

Well, AARP considers 50 as that magic number

The best part of turning 50 is getting the "senior" discounts....

Well, AARP considers 50 as that magic number
Yep-saving $$ is a good thing! :thumbsup2

Also I have to remember to ask at Universal about AAA discounts. Sometimes if an AP discount isn’t offered(or if you don’t have an AP) they will give you the AAA discount.

The TM’s are really good at Universal. I have my room key and AP on my lanyard- it’s a UO annual pass lanyard. Many times they offer us the AP discount before I ask because they see my lanyard.:thumbsup2

I have AAA also.
A couple of years ago I tried to get some kind of discount at the parks with the AAA card.

Was told I needed to have booked the AAA package for the extra perks that AAA included.

Now this has been 3 years past so don't know if that is the same policy.

I am so happy to hear that you are going to splurge for the AP's to the SW parks! :cheer2: I think they will be wonderful days to enjoy on your trips!

Definitely consider adding a cabana to your Aquatica day.....they are SO affordable in the off season ::yes::. I just reserved one of ours for October, and it came in at $46.97 including tax with the pass member discount :thumbsup2. Considering that includes rental towels, 12 bottles of Dasani water, a large locker in the cabana, and 20% off any shopping that day (including photos), it literally makes the cabana rental "free". Having a private space to relax in the heat of the mid-day is absolutely worth it!

I have AAA also.
A couple of years ago I tried to get some kind of discount at the parks with the AAA card.

Was told I needed to have booked the AAA package for the extra perks that AAA included.

Now this has been 3 years past so don't know if that is the same policy.

I did just read this as well. If you purchase tickets or a vacation package through AAA you get a voucher that you show to obtain the AAA discounts. I think the best chance of securing any possible AAA discounts is with the non-Universal owned places. The one place I did use the AAA discount recently was for souvenirs at the Hard Rock hotel souvenir shop. They didn't give an AP discount. But I did get Hard Rock Rewards points:thumbsup2 Now that I also have an AARP card, I've learned to always ask about any discounts given. It's hard to keep track of all the business that give the various discounts!

I am so happy to hear that you are going to splurge for the AP's to the SW parks! :cheer2: I think they will be wonderful days to enjoy on your trips!

Definitely consider adding a cabana to your Aquatica day.....they are SO affordable in the off season ::yes::. I just reserved one of ours for October, and it came in at $46.97 including tax with the pass member discount :thumbsup2. Considering that includes rental towels, 12 bottles of Dasani water, a large locker in the cabana, and 20% off any shopping that day (including photos), it literally makes the cabana rental "free". Having a private space to relax in the heat of the mid-day is absolutely worth it!

I'm excited to return to the Sea World parks!! :yay: It seems a good fit to go along with our Universal AP's!! Visiting Sea World is relaxing. They have enough rides to feel like a theme park, but watching the shows and visiting and feeding the animals:love: makes for relaxing times throughout the day.

We've never rented a cabana at Aquatica, but they are very affordable and nice- I've so admired all of your pictures from your TR's on the Aquatica cabanas.::yes:: The cutback cove cabanas are $49 the time we're there in October, too- as long as we don't go on Saturday- then the price is $89. Adding in an AP discount is a nice bonus!! And I agree-the extras included are great!! I'm still trying to figure out the exact day of our visit. But I want to do so soon so that I can reserve our cabana before they're gone at that price!

I think I read that you can put in a location request?
Thx for all of your help and information Gina!! Using your advice and tips has truly enhanced our vacations!:thumbsup2

So this is actually a live TR within my PTR!!:jumping1:

I drove down to Florida with Kyle who went on to his new home in Ft. Lauderdale! Troy is finished with his DCP so I'm staying with him until Tuesday! We have to start packing him up to return home for college in a few weeks. But... need some R&R so... we're going to put our UO AP's to use today. :cool1:

We are on our way to HRH for lunch at The Kitchen and then we're hitting the parks!!:thumbsup2

We absolutely LOVE HRH!:love: It's more than a hotel- it's our home here in Orlando! We've gotten to know so many of the employees there- they're like family to us! So, even when we aren't staying there, we'll go for lunch or dinner and visit with our "family":)

And bonus!! The Kitchen restaurant validates parking, so if you eat there, you can get valet parking for $5 (plus tax). :thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_2261.jpg

After lunch and some visits with our friends here, we were off to the parks. First stop- IOA!!

1876266_103495425.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2263.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2264.jpg

Off to Spidey!!

We have Premier AP's which gives us after 4pm express pass. The standby line was 30 minutes. We waited about 5 minutes in EP.

Always a fun ride!:thumbsup2

But I have no idea where the picture is taken! I did smile where I thought it was but obviously I didn't get it right!! Don't we all look thrilled???

1876266_103497573.jpg

Great pictures Patty.

And yep, may visit SW too, in October. Bought AP for all Busch parks the other day. Have a rental car booked, and patiently waiting for them to drop more and more in price. I like to be able to go offsite to eat and shop some of the days.

Great pictures Patty.

And yep, may visit SW too, in October. Bought AP for all Busch parks the other day. Have a rental car booked, and patiently waiting for them to drop more and more in price. I like to be able to go offsite to eat and shop some of the days.

Thanks!!:)

Nice you have SW tix!! I'm thinking about getting the AP for all of them too! The Platinum pass does give you some nice extra perks!!:thumbsup2

Good luck on the rental car price! We are National rewards member and they used to have a lot of discount codes and coupons- not so much lately. We don't have Costco by us and that's usually the discount most use for a good price!

I agree a car is so nice to have! If the price is right I'm hoping to do a rental for a couple of days and then maybe a couple of day rentals- just to save parking for some of the nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!