WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

My favorite is cupcake slaughter. Cannibal, razors and nightmare. What a way to go

Sadly, we didn't order any of these. I would have loved to have seen those cupcakes! How fun!:)

Next year, we'll definitely place an order!:thumbsup2

You know it!!!

Reminds me of New Orleans neighborhood spook houses circa late sixties, early seventies. Very cool and inventive stuff! And scary!

There’s a great commercial one here, the thirteenth gate. Actually too scary for my daughters when they went during the days when their Girl Scout or soccer team went as a group. Such theatre!

You know it!!!

Reminds me of New Orleans neighborhood spook houses circa late sixties, early seventies. Very cool and inventive stuff! And scary!

There’s a great commercial one here, the thirteenth gate. Actually too scary for my daughters when they went during the days when their Girl Scout or soccer team went as a group. Such theatre!

OOH- that sounds frighteningly fun! :scared1:

But- maybe too scary for me, too!:laughing:

We rented a car for the day from Avis on Sunday afternoon. They are the onsite rental company at the Universal resorts. We used an AARP code and prepaid the rental. Our rate was $37.12 including fees and taxes.

We used the car to drive Troy back to the airport. We also needed it for Monday morning- we had a PPO ADR at the Garden Grill to get to very early. We were happy with the car and the service by Avis. While we are National Emerald Club members and prefer them, it worked out better financially NOT to rent a car this trip as it was a long trip and most days we did not leave the hotel. It would have been very expensive to pay for a car rental and valet parking for 9 nights. I would definitely do this again on a long trip.:thumbsup2

After the kids left Sunday evening, it was a quiet night for us. We had to get up early to arrive at EPCOT by 7:30 am.

We were excited to attend the Food & Wine Festival!!

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_33358.jpg

Our EPCOT day was October 1- the 36th anniversary of the park! :cheer2:

We asked about any special pins for the day, but they didn't have any for this anniversary.

We were let into the park a little before 8, made a brief stop at guest services to inquire about the pins, then went on to the Garden Grill. We were seated within minutes of arriving at the restaurant.

garden-grill.jpg

The breakfast includes coffee, tea, and juices. We started with a cinnamon bun platter and fruit.

thumbnail_IMG_2986.jpg

The main platter includes Mickey waffles (with syrup and chocolate sauce), scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns.

thumbnail_IMG_2992.jpg

It's AYCE, so they will bring more of any of the offerings! One platter was way more than we could finish!

The Garden Grill has always been a favorite of our family. The food is always good and we love overlooking the Land ride below. So nice! Also, the food is served family style. So, no buffet lines to go through. This was so nice when the kids were young! If you went to a character buffet meal, you always had to watch and worry if you'd miss a character while you went up for food. Not at the Garden Grill! It's so relaxing to sit and be served the AYCE food and the characters come by while you slowly revolve and look at the Land ride below. :)

We had a booth on the lower level so we had a nice view of the ride! Love the farmhouse scene!

thumbnail_IMG_3001.jpg

And the highlight of the meal...... MICKEY, CHIP, DALE, & PLUTO!! :love: Even as adults, we enjoy character meet & greets. Always fun interactions!

Chip!:lovestruc

thumbnail_IMG_1550.jpg

Dale! :lovestruc

thumbnail_IMG_2999.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2997.jpg

What a wonderful start to the day! We enjoyed a bountiful & delicious breakfast in a lovely setting and met fun Disney characters!! :goodvibes

We have the Tables in Wonderland card(purchased as a Disney AP holder). So, we saved 20% on the meal- which is very nice!

We had a leisurely breakfast and made it to Soarin' with no wait!:thumbsup2

soarin2.jpg

Adore your pictures!
Happy smiles in all of them

I enjoy the dinner period at Garden Grill

It didn’t work out for me in my September trip but will pencil it in on future trips

Quite enjoying how you are sharing your vacation with us

Adore your pictures!
Happy smiles in all of them

I enjoy the dinner period at Garden Grill

It didn’t work out for me in my September trip but will pencil it in on future trips

Quite enjoying how you are sharing your vacation with us

Thanks!!:)

Yes- the dinner at GG is wonderful!! We had dinner there in June- delicious!!:thumbsup2

IMG_0323-opt.jpg

IMG_0328-opt.jpg

IMG_0332-opt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter