WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Some of the pictures you have shared were on my "must eat" list.

Alas, did not make it to f & w

Our "must eat" list was very long! Could only have a few items! :)

Mac- next year bring your stretchy pants! We'll go together and stuff ourselves silly!!:laughing:

Next stop- The Cheese Studio

2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-cheese-studio-menu-updated-450x600.jpg

Braised Beef Stroganoff with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce :

thumbnail_IMG_3209 (1).jpg

Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Blueberry Wine, St. Petersburg, FL :

This was so good!!:thumbsup2 It wasn't overly sweet- definitely could have sipped one or two more:rolleyes1
thumbnail_IMG_3211 (1).jpg

We are impressed each year with the quality & variety of all the offerings at F&W as well as the hearty portion size. Joe and I shared each dish, but were definitely starting to feel full!!

But... we had a couple more items we HAD to try!!

Next up, Australia

thumbnail_IMG_3216 (1).jpg

Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas:

thumbnail_IMG_3217 (1).jpg

Ok, we were pretty much ready to wave the white napkin to surrender! :rotfl:We were FULL!!!

Well.........JUST ONE MORE!!!

This was THE surprise item from last year. It didn't sound appealing to Joe and I, but Kyle wanted to try it. We got one and had a little taste- it was amazing! We had to get another! Kyle loves Spam! I like it, but I prefer the seafood items and spam hash just didn't sound like it would be a favorite of mine. How wrong I was!

That's what is so nice about the F&W festival. You can try small plates of food rather than ordering an entire entree. It lets you experiment with foods you may not order elsewhere!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_3218 (1).jpg

Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise:

thumbnail_IMG_3219 (1).jpg

WOW!! All of our choices were just delicious!! We were completely stuffed!!

We had a few more rides on our to do list before heading out!

We headed into the Mexico pavilion. It's such a nice place to relax! Nice air conditioning- low lighting- a slow boat ride! Just what our full tummies needed!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_3221 (1).jpg

So cute!!

thumbnail_IMG_3222 (1).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3223 (1).jpg

Always a lovely boat ride!

thumbnail_IMG_3226 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3224 (1).jpg

I think we may have dozed off a bit during the ride!! That is a perk of a slow,dark ride!:laughing:

Next up was our 2nd FP- Frozen!! As much as the movie Frozen is a favorite of ours, we all sorely miss Maelstrom!!

thumbnail_IMG_3227.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3229 (2).jpg

But the best part of the new ride is getting to visit my most favorite Disney character, Olaf!!:love: Usually, I absolutely hate anything to do with SNOW! :headache: Here in Buffalo, NY we see all too much of that stuff!! But I feel like Olaf and I think alike. We both live in very cold places and long to be warm! see the sun! go to the beach! :beach: He's my kind of snowman!:goodvibes

542b7aa4ad6a7353bcf996bf48e32785.jpg

Our final FP was for Mission Space! I rode orange quite a few years ago- didn't get sick, but the spinning made me a little dizzy! So, I usually ride the green side with Troy(he doesn't like the spinning, either!), while Joe and Kyle prefer the orange side.

They updated the green side- now instead of landing on Mars, you go around earth. So, even Joe wanted to do the green side this time!:thumbsup2 We both enjoyed our time in space!!

Hey-how can we NOT enjoy somewhere we're weightless!!:laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_3230 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3231 (1).jpg

Last edited:
It was now about 3:15 and we wanted to head back to the HRH to be back for the 5 pm appetizers and drinks.

WOW!! What a nice day! We did so much! :cool1:

Looking back, we
-arrived at 7:30 am for our PPO ADR at Garden Grill

-had a wonderful and fun character breakfast

-attended a wine tasting seminar

-went on many rides: Soarin', The Land, Spaceship Earth, Imagination, Gran Fiesta boat ride, Frozen boat ride, Mission Space

-had a character meet & greet and photos with Minnie & Pluto

-Tasted our way around six F&W food booths!

And... we really toured in a relaxing fashion-taking breaks to cool off and people watch!!:thumbsup2

Upon arrival at the HRH, we turned in our rental car with the valet and stopped at the Avis desk for the final paperwork. We had a good experience with our rental from Avis. We would use them again in the future if we don't have a car rental for the entire trip.:thumbsup2

We had plenty of time to freshen up- and we headed down to the lounge by 4:30! Had to get some of that wonderful and refreshing cucumber water!!:)

Tonight's lounge offerings:

thumbnail_IMG_3232 (1).jpg

Always an enjoyable evening spent in the lounge!:) Good food & drinks, and always good conversation!

We spent the evening with our new friends from Michigan !! Time just flew as we talked like old friends! We're definitely going to keep in touch with them! :thumbsup2 They make regular trips to Orlando, too!

After the evening reception, we went to relax before dessert. So nice to come back to our room after turndown service!:goodvibes

I love the turndown service at the hotel! It's a special little touch and very much appreciated! They also empty trash and refresh towels which is great! But... the best part is they leave a little souvenir every night!! We have quite the supply after our long trip!

Hard Rock temporary tattoos, Hard Rock guitar magnets, Rock star bracelets, and a new addition.... key chains!!:thumbsup2 The housekeeping staff at the HRH are amazing!! They all recognize us when we visit and they always stop and chat with us for a few moments! They are very accommodating as to the cleaning schedule for our room. We like to sleep in and take a break in the afternoon. They are happy to go around that schedule. :goodvibes The staff here are just stellar!! WOW!!

thumbnail_IMG_3681.jpg

Last edited:
The items they leave for you during turn down service are precious!

I still have my mini guitar magnets from years ago.

cool pics Patty! what an awesome day at Epcot. You are almost making me miss Disney.
And I think I am sold on HRH club for next trip. May book it soon, for next late May, early June. before our cruise to Cuba!

The items they leave for you during turn down service are precious!

I still have my mini guitar magnets from years ago.

I know! They are too cute!:goodvibes I treasure those little trinkets!! When I look at them, it brings back all the wonderful memories of our trips!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!