• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW - Beauty and the Beast on IMAX!

Buzz2001

CSR MAN!!
Juat returned from watching B&TB on the IMAX screen with a sold out crowd. What a movie! If you never saw it on the big screen (only video), you have to see it if you have a IMAX theater near you. The screen is HUGE (double a regular moive screen in height), the soundtrack was great and the atmosphere perfect. The beast's growl felt as if it went right through you, the singing and music was like a live show and the digital effects of the movie made it almost look like 3D.

Can't wait for the Lion King on 01/01/03.

Some additional info on the movie
http://www.digitalmediafx.com/Beauty/index.html

"After seeing Beauty and the Beast on IMAX, I'm now sold on the fact that future Disney re-releases to IMAX (which include The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and others) is an excellent venue for these films. The digital restoration is executed with a precision that shines. The sound, particularly the base, adds a new dimension to the experience. Now if only the IMAX seats were a little more comfortable…"

Beauty and the Beast Released to IMAX!
01-01-2002 (by digitalmediafx.com)

Disney's Beauty and the Beast was released to over 100 IMAX and other big screen theaters worldwide today and is virtually guaranteed to break all IMAX box office records. The classic animated movie, which garnished an Academy Award "Best Picture" nomination, includes a new six minute segment featuring the song "Human Again". The official title of the IMAX rerelease is Beauty and the Beast: Large Format Cinema Special Edition.

"This is the only animated film ever nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, and you'll see why - it's a masterpiece that blows away not only Shrek but every non-animated movie released in all of 2001 and 2000," says Lou Lumenick of the New York Post. "...The added number 'Human Again' is basically a marketing gimmick - you can see why it was cut, because it doesn't particularly advance the story - but adding it doesn't hurt the picture one iota."

Saw it last night and it was wonderful. All 5 showings were sold out.

The preview for The Lion King was quite impressive as well.

Great move by Disney to put these films in a venue that we cannot match with our DVD home theatres...

Didn't get any Lion King preview in Denver for some reason. Go figure.

Just adding in, saw it new years day at KCMO, The outdoor scenes and the ballroom dance were unbelievably beautiful. As for the wolf attack, words cannot describe; you could nearly feel saliva hurtling toward you.

Lion King preview very impressive, due out Jan. 1, 2003

Just to add, the sound was as impressive as the screen. I would love to see Tarzan in that medium, I'm sure the Phil Collins sound would also sound great.
(I just saw it at a sold out show in NY.)

Dave

Oh, thank you for reminding me (yes, I forgot) (I just got back from a disappointing vacation and everything has been dumped from my brain). I'm going to make sure to see it this weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter