WOW! Double check your special requests

Bete

DIS Veteran
I called Disney this morning to inquire about trip insurance which I'm still debating about adding on to my vacation or not. I wanted to know my deadline to do it or not. Supposedly, you can add it up to the time of your final payment.

Here's the rub. I decided to check all my special requests and medical needs on our current reservation. To my dismay, I did not have a roll in shower, but a tub with rails instead. This would have caused me to cancel the trip, but they were able to comply and modify to a roll in shower, but not on the ground floor. Next, I mentioned medical need for a first floor and I was told no request like that can be guaranteed. Well, at this point I asked for a supervisor. I got connected to guest services. She worked with me, but at first it looked like I would have to switch from POP Century to All-Star Sports to get exactly what I needed. All of a sudden, when I confirmed my options she said something opened up at POP and I was all set with all my requests there.

I know I didn't make any errors in my first reservation; because, I've done this many times before. In my original reservation I even stated to refer to my last reservation for the specifics of what I needed for this trip.

Anyway, it might be just a fluke, but I would double check your specifics. When I get a confirmation from Disney everything is not always listed for each special request. For one, there's not enough room to include it all; I believe.

I'm glad I called and I'm glad I double checked it all. Believe me, I will do it one more time before final payment, too.

I am so happy that you caught this and got it taken care of before you got there and got a surprise. I always call 2 or 3 times before our trip to make sure everything is still a go. I don't know when you are leaving but you might want to call back a week or so before you leave and double check on everything.

I always call a few weeks before then the week before and either the day we leave or the night before if we are leaving early. They have made errors a few times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter