Wow...Easiest ADRs ever?

My 60 day window opened on 4/8 - but I didn't get around to booking ADRs until last night...I figured I wouldn't have any problems for most, but expected 'the usual' restaurants to be long gone: Space 220, LeCellier, Art Smiths, etc. I was even ready to go over to Open Table where I can usually get an Art Smiths when they're not showing up in Disney's ressies.

But quite surprisingly, everything was available...Cinderella's, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, Space 220 Restaurant and Lounge, Art Smith's - no problem at all booking whatever I felt like. I'm going with a friend in June, and we'll be two 50-something guys with no schedule, no kids or wives, and enjoyinga guys' trip with cocktails and music and such, not just rides - so I wanted to pick some more general type restaurant menus with lots of cocktail selections. Grabbed an Art Smith's the first night there, then a Steakhouse 71 (on MK day), a Space 220 (on Epcot day), and Topolino's for the AK day (I'm staying at Boardwalk, so easy back to the villa after).

My 60 day window opened on 4/8 - but I didn't get around to booking ADRs until last night...I figured I wouldn't have any problems for most, but expected 'the usual' restaurants to be long gone: Space 220, LeCellier, Art Smiths, etc. I was even ready to go over to Open Table where I can usually get an Art Smiths when they're not showing up in Disney's ressies.

But quite surprisingly, everything was available...Cinderella's, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, Space 220 Restaurant and Lounge, Art Smith's - no problem at all booking whatever I felt like. I'm going with a friend in June, and we'll be two 50-something guys with no schedule, no kids or wives, and enjoyinga guys' trip with cocktails and music and such, not just rides - so I wanted to pick some more general type restaurant menus with lots of cocktail selections. Grabbed an Art Smith's the first night there, then a Steakhouse 71 (on MK day), a Space 220 (on Epcot day), and Topolino's for the AK day (I'm staying at Boardwalk, so easy back to the villa after).

Yes, same. I decided to see if I could change the time for my Tusker House & Oga's Cantina ADRs for our trip, and both of them still had plenty of times available even though we're less than 60 days out. Oga's even had late ADRs available. It's weird. But with all the Disney announcements for June 10, I'm wondering if a lot of people will ultimately end up coming that weekend anyway.

Yes, same. I decided to see if I could change the time for my Tusker House & Oga's Cantina ADRs for our trip, and both of them still had plenty of times available even though we're less than 60 days out. Oga's even had late ADRs available. It's weird. But with all the Disney announcements for June 10, I'm wondering if a lot of people will ultimately end up coming that weekend anyway.

Sorry I think I'm out of the loop. What are you referring to?

Disney announced Epcot's last walls come down June 10 with the Communicore Hall opening...plus there are some new shows such as Encanto sing-along...could be part of what they're referring to.

I think the ones you reserved aren't too hard to get, especially at 5, but I'm a bit surprised about Ohana and Be Our Guest. I'm wondering if restaurants like Steakhouse 71 or 1900 Park Fare are absorbing a lot of the Magic Kingdom area diners. Be Our Guest also recently bumped their prices to what I think is unreasonable, and that's saying a lot coming from me. Space220 and Cinderella's Royal Table seem like the only real impossible to get reservations now, along with packages.

Im thinking since there is no free dining yet that is why reservations might be easier, I dont know.
I try every place I have interest in until I find it unacceptable. I bet there is a number of negative reviews about every place on site. Either quality of food or overpriced or both.

I am not saying people with those opinions are wrong, but I feel I need to decide myself.
I agree, I need to try it out to make sure. We did with Tony's and agreed as worst ever. Now reports are coming out they have changed and worth going back. Well I have too many other places to eat to, but maybe 1 day.

Over many years, I've found Tony's to be fairly poor overall - very low level 'Italian' food. Nice theming and location, but the food has ranged from generic average to poor. There was one iteration about 6-8 years ago where they overhauled the menu and a few items were actually surprisingly good...enough where I was planning on making it a somewhat regular spot - but the next time I went back, it was unseasoned meat, overcooked pasta and tomato sauce straight from the jar again...and haven't been back since. Would love to hear they are overhauling it - can't be too much worse, and maybe they'll get a few things right.

Decided on a whim yesterday to book lunch at SciFi for April 28. Lots of availability. I remember that one used to be very difficult.

Did mineyesterday. We have a 10 night trip so I’m sure that helped. Was able to get everything I wanted including Toppolino’s Breakfast, Space, Homecomin, and 1900Park Fare Breakfast. Others were LTT, Beaches and Cream, Chef Mickeys, The Boathouse, T Rex, Garden Grill. Sci Fi, 59’s OTC FDP, Strakhouse 71 and Ale and Compass

I am checking reservations for breakfast. We have a party of 4 and there is never any available. I checked for 5 still none. I then checked for 3 and there were plenty?

Should I book for 3?

It is a place my granddaughter wants so I want to get a reservation. If we show up with 4 and they will not take us I could just go somewhere else and let the 3 others go in, so I have an easy work around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter