Wow! Tron was good

Disco

Hail Eris!
I would say that was a solid 4 out of 5. Just don't over think the plot too much and you'll have fun with it. They just skimmed on the details of how or why you could get to the "Grid" world or why it existed. That was a good thing as it leaves it up to your memory of the first movie and makes progression instead of recovering "old territory".
Jeff did a fine job and the young Clue was positively disturbing (in a good way).
The Light Cycles were awesome and my favorite part. The Light Jets were OK but not nearly as cool as the cycles. The disc battles at the "games" were pretty awesome as well.
Daft punk was cheesy but it went well with the movie. The bar seen with Zeus cracked me up even though I didn't care for the character that much. The music kept giving me Inception flashbacks though (which is a negative).
For those who do over think the plot, here are the cons that I came up with. It makes no sense that Clue keeps kicking Tron's ***. You can never tell who Tron is because he's dressed like all the other bad guys with a visor. The bad guys always magically catch up or get ahead of the good guys no matter how big a lead the good guys have. The new life forms thing didn't really work for me and could have just have been easily removed from the movie never to be missed. This movie actually needed more action and less talking, I was starving for more light cycle battles LOL.

I would say that was a solid 4 out of 5. Just don't over think the plot too much and you'll have fun with it. They just skimmed on the details of how or why you could get to the "Grid" world or why it existed. That was a good thing as it leaves it up to your memory of the first movie and makes progression instead of recovering "old territory".
Jeff did a fine job and the young Clue was positively disturbing (in a good way).
The Light Cycles were awesome and my favorite part. The Light Jets were OK but not nearly as cool as the cycles. The disc battles at the "games" were pretty awesome as well.
Daft punk was cheesy but it went well with the movie. The bar seen with Zeus cracked me up even though I didn't care for the character that much. The music kept giving me Inception flashbacks though (which is a negative).
For those who do over think the plot, here are the cons that I came up with. It makes no sense that Clue keeps kicking Tron's ***. You can never tell who Tron is because he's dressed like all the other bad guys with a visor. The bad guys always magically catch up or get ahead of the good guys no matter how big a lead the good guys have. The new life forms thing didn't really work for me and could have just have been easily removed from the movie never to be missed. This movie actually needed more action and less talking, I was starving for more light cycle battles LOL.

I agree with most of this...the background plot of what Kevin Flynn discovered was a big part of the preview trailers, and I was anxious to see what it was all about, but when it was mentioned, it was very abstract and didn't sell me on the entire plot of why he had to keep going back.

Still, the rest of the movie was very nice to watch.

It will be interesting to see the weekend's box office reciepts.

Everyone I know who has seen it all had positive remarks about it.

it pulled in just over $43 million. It was easily number 1. A good solid opening. Not an amazing, but Disney should be quite happy

I agree with most of this...the background plot of what Kevin Flynn discovered was a big part of the preview trailers, and I was anxious to see what it was all about, but when it was mentioned, it was very abstract and didn't sell me on the entire plot of why he had to keep going back.

Still, the rest of the movie was very nice to watch.

Exactly,
They (what were they called IOs?) were going to be the answer to all of humanities ailments. And I was like, "how's that?"
Again it followed the movies motto of not really explaining anything so it didn't bug me that much (it was a smart move cause they really can't explain any of it). Also, in my mind a new life form would be a pretty darn big deal so I could go along with it. Just could not have been in the movie as well and I never would have missed it.
I could easily understand why Flynn would keep going back though. I mean being the master of a whole new world... Sign me up!

green light for tron area/ride?

I think that opening indicates a "wait-and-see", it could easily struggle to $150 Mil domestic, which unless worldwide was great would make further movies and theme park attractions unlikely.

I saw it and agree with most reviews. I actually liked it more than I thought I would going in. The "plot" as it were was a little better than I thought as well as I had been worried that the characters were going to be completely hollow, and they weren't as bad as I thought either (maybe that was low expectations), but the funny thing is even though there was quite a bit of talking going on, and a lot of different plot threads, none of them felt really "important" and in the end left the movie a little hollow. I do agree I with OP that I don't think I wanted things explained more, just maybe less different concepts going on. Also, too serious - as are most of these types of movies...I think back to the original PotC and why IT worked os well because it was actually FUN.

I did like Quorra, and the way the character was kind of wide-eyed curious about the "real" world. I also though the early action stuff was outstanding, but needed more action beats in the later 1/2 of the movie. (The final action scenes were just OK.)

Not the worst blockbuster-type movie I've seen in the last few years, but not the best either. Can't hardly believe I paid $35 for two movie tickets, plus $24 to the sitter. Guess it's good we don't go to see many movies anymore. (Saw 3 in the last month, for a total of I think 5 this year.)

I agree with what most people are saying. Disney will make a nice chunk of change on the movie. But this is not an "event"

Tron is really amazing movie. I have watched it with my friends. I really enjoyed this movie...!!!

Sure,
Tron changing color at the end... And what did Flynn download onto his flash card?

First off, I too extremely enjoyed the movie, probably my favorite this year, and I thoroughly loved Inception. I think it was the fact of seeing it in Imax 3D that really made it for me.

I loved their inclusion of bringing Tron back. But as for a set up for a sequel, did anyone else notice the fact that they wrote in a little Dillinger in the story who was some whiz kid?! It just screams the next plot to me...Flynn wants Encom back, Dillinger Jr wont let him take it so easily, somehow they end up back in grid with DigiBridges. Its definitely set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter