Wow what a price difference!

Terrarankin

Earning My Ears
So I booked our trip back at the beginning of the year when the Free Dining Promo came out (2 adults, 2 kids, 12 days/ 11 nights, Coronado Springs, standard room, quick service dining, 5 park day + hopper) and I paid just over $4300. I booked right through the Disney website.

Just for kicks I went on today and "booked" the exact same trip was $7200! Wowza!

On a side note, cant get a reservation at Be Our Guest for lunch!! We are not breakfast eaters and don't want to do dinner there.

So I booked our trip back at the beginning of the year when the Free Dining Promo came out (2 adults, 2 kids, 12 days/ 11 nights, Coronado Springs, standard room, quick service dining, 5 park day + hopper) and I paid just over $4300. I booked right through the Disney website.

Just for kicks I went on today and "booked" the exact same trip was $7200! Wowza!

On a side note, cant get a reservation at Be Our Guest for lunch!! We are not breakfast eaters and don't want to do dinner there.
Don't give up on that meal -- since you are now charged if you don't cancel reservation with 24 hour notice they will come & go a LOT between now & then, you can even check while wandering around and be able to find one! There are a couple of timelines to watch -- whatever the cut off date for cancelling a package reservation (30 days now?) will provide a bunch of ADR's AND FP+ times and then again when the date for Room only cancellation (5 days?) rolls around. Just take the time to check often -- a quick glance shows tables for lunch for the next 3 days.

**ETA -- don't forget that since you seat yourself for lunch you can always try to book 2 tables of 2 and then simply sit together once you get inside the castle!

Yeah I kick myself on a regular basis that I changed my reservation so many times and now am paying more than I would have been.

As for BOG lunch, I have one booked but based on the new menu choices I'm not sure kiddo will eat anything there so think I may just cancel it and we'll eat elsewhere instead (he'd rather have a foot long hot dog any way lol). I got it after using touring plans and their reservation finder, took a few tries since I kept being in meeting when I'd be notified and not able to book right away.

@hdrolfe, if DS likes a hot dog have you tried Casey's corner. Their corn dogs are a new favourite indulgence of mine.

@hdrolfe, if DS likes a hot dog have you tried Casey's corner. Their corn dogs are a new favourite indulgence of mine.

Casey's is on our list of places to eat. But I was sad to see they won't be doing the foot long hot dogs any more (he was super excited to try them). We may go any way, and probably Cosmic Rays as they still have them (knock wood!) But I prefer a corn dog to one in a bun so this is good to know :)

I had BOG booked for lunch at 180 days. When I did my fastpass at 60, I had to switch days. Found one instantly for the day I wanted. I know that was lucky — but I also was happy with a 11:15 lunch.

I have used touringplans finder with success on past trips. But, as a previous poster mentioned, people change plans all the time so it’s worth it to keep checking. I find reservations pop up at the 60-day and 30-day window as people change their plans. Failing that, the week you are there try as people cancel to avoid the fees. Check in the evenings for the next day. :thumbsup2

I have been trying since 180 days out for BOG lunch for August with no luck..crazy..got Ohana and all our other faves but not BOG:/

I have been trying since 180 days out for BOG lunch for August with no luck..crazy..got Ohana and all our other faves but not BOG:/
I had a lot of trouble getting it last September as well. I finally got it just a few weeks before we went. Sign up for the touring plans reservation finder and you'll get it. Lots of people cancel when their package comes due or the week before. I was able to get reservations for Trattoria breakfast on the same day last September. It's definitely harder to get when free dining is on because it's such a good use of a credit.

Casey's is on our list of places to eat. But I was sad to see they won't be doing the foot long hot dogs any more (he was super excited to try them). We may go any way, and probably Cosmic Rays as they still have them (knock wood!) But I prefer a corn dog to one in a bun so this is good to know :)

I just went to Caseys last week. I won't go again for a hot dog. The new size wouldn't fill one of my kids let alone me. I had a chili dog and it didn't even quench the hunger a little bit.

I just went to Caseys last week. I won't go again for a hot dog. The new size wouldn't fill one of my kids let alone me. I had a chili dog and it didn't even quench the hunger a little bit.

Oh dear... I'll have to check out the other foot long hot dog options I guess. Thanks for the feedback! My boy can eat and is so excited about the giant hot dogs lol.

Oh dear... I'll have to check out the other foot long hot dog options I guess. Thanks for the feedback! My boy can eat and is so excited about the giant hot dogs lol.

Just to give you an idea of the size, it was ever so slightly bigger than one of the weiners that come in a 12 pack at the grocery store

I also recommend the touring plans ADR finder. They'll send you a text when an ADR becomes available that meets your criteria. We managed to get quite a few last minute changes when we were there last September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!