WP Question

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
If I was to have an escape wedding would I get the bridal room @ WP to get ready or would I have to get ready in my hotel room?

I was also reading the budget thread and people were quoting time for WP (ex. 2-3:30), so how long does the ceremony actually take, b/c I was under the impression it was only 20 minutes, and then what do you do for the extra hour? Take pictures?

I was thinking of doing the attic for the reception (ceremony @ 12, reception @ 2), is this enough time to allow for pictures?

I may be wrong, but I don't think any brides actually get ready in the Bride's Vestible. I think they all get ready in their rooms and then travel to the WP. I think they just use the BV for make-up touch ups, a drink of water etc just before the ceremony.

:-)
Hello!

You would get ready in your room and then travel to the wedding pavilion and wait in the BV until the ceremony started.

Example:
My wedding was at 12:00 pm. I was told to be ready for my limo to pick me up at 11:15 to take me to the WP/BV. We arrived at 11:30 am. From there, the Reverend came to speak with me, my wedding planner brought my my bouquet and a glass of water, and then BAM! wedding time! :-)

The BV is used as a holding room so that your groom and guests do not see you before you walk down the aisle.

Hth! :cutie:

:-)
Hello!

You would get ready in your room and then travel to the wedding pavilion and wait in the BV until the ceremony started.

Example:
My wedding was at 12:00 pm. I was told to be ready for my limo to pick me up at 11:15 to take me to the WP/BV. We arrived at 11:30 am. From there, the Reverend came to speak with me, my wedding planner brought my my bouquet and a glass of water, and then BAM! wedding time! :-)

The BV is used as a holding room so that your groom and guests do not see you before you walk down the aisle.

Hth! :cutie:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

yeah, i'm just hiding in there, not getting all dolled up. besides, i'd have to come there at like 5am to do that!

The wedding takes no more than half an hour then afterwords you do the champagne toasts and cake cutting at the commanders terrace which in totaly is 1hr 30 you are thinking of.

The wedding takes no more than half an hour then afterwords you do the champagne toasts and cake cutting at the commanders terrace which in totaly is 1hr 30 you are thinking of.

but can I have that all moved up to the attic if I hold my reception there, and if so what fees would I have to pay?

but can I have that all moved up to the attic if I hold my reception there, and if so what fees would I have to pay?
When I was planning an Escape wedding, before I changed to Wishes, the cake and champagne toast was going to be moved to the Napa room instead of at commander's Terrace. We were planning a lunch at the napa room then cake cutting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter