wrist Bands .. how long do they last?

muffyn

"hmmm*
I have a bunch of wristbands, newest are 2 years old older ones i have decorated are over 4. How will i know if they are working before I walk into the gate & poof they dont register.. Is it just a matter of a battery change? what happens if they dont work?

There are some recent threads that discuss this. Their design is such that you can't replace the battery. Wristbands perform 2 different functions, one of which requires a working battery while the other does not. As with any electronic device using a tiny battery, how long the battery lasts relates to how much it is used, the conditions (heat/humdity, etc.) where it is stored and how good the battery was when initially installed.

From AllEars:
While there is a small battery inside each MagicBand that only has about two years of “juice”, any tap functions where you touch Mickey-to-Mickey (entering a park, making purchases, etc.) will continue to function long after the battery in it has died. However, long-range RFID functions such as in-ride photos will not work once the battery has died.

The batteries last roughly 2 years tho I've heard many reports of them still working at 3 years.

The bands have two rfid tags in them. One is passive, doesn’t need a battery, that is activated by an active reader. That’s what’s happening with anything you have to tap such as the turnstiles, your room lock, making payments etc. The passive tag will last for the lifetime of the band.

The other frustrated tag is active and has an antenna built in and is powered by a battery. The active tag is used for things like pictures on rides. As other have said that battery is supposed to last 2 years but based on use, storage etc, they can last much longer.

From what used-to-be Mom's Panel~

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...teries-last-received-magic-band-visit-382534/
  • On Sep 23, 2018
    Michael from TX Asked
Q: "How long does the Magic Band batteries last? If I received a Magic Band on my visit back in 2016, will I be able to still use them with a new ticket purchase in 2020?”

A: Oh boy Michael, I dunno how to break this to you. Your MB battery is going to be the least of your worries in 2020.

ok, so entry to parks is no problem. is there any way to test them to see if it will work for pictures, before you try get on a ride that takes pics?

oh & i suppose the Magic kingdom game is out of the question,, have to start all over?

1. ok, so entry to parks is no problem.
2. is there any way to test them to see if it will work for pictures, before you try get on a ride that takes pics?
3. oh & i suppose the Magic kingdom game is out of the question,, have to start all over?
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. Likely.

From AllEars:
While there is a small battery inside each MagicBand that only has about two years of “juice”, any tap functions where you touch Mickey-to-Mickey (entering a park, making purchases, etc.) will continue to function long after the battery in it has died. However, long-range RFID functions such as in-ride photos will not work once the battery has died.

The batteries last roughly 2 years tho I've heard many reports of them still working at 3 years.
This. Most everything I've read said the battery lasts about 2 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!