Writing MBA after your name.

I only put RN after my name if I'm signing off on certain med order if it's required. My guess is there are a lot of other MBAs at your workplace, so it does seem strange a co-worker would do that. Maybe he/she just got that degree, is proud (as should be), and this will end real soon.

The only time I would find it odd was if a person listed their credentials in their personal emails and correspondences. If this was a professional setting I don't see the issue.
My dh has a PhD, he never goes by "Doctor" or puts PhD after his name even on his professional correspondence. In his field, and his position at work it is assumed one has a PhD or they wouldn't have that job.
People do refer to him as Doctor, but he just tells them to call him by his first name, he's pretty laid back. However there are many others he works with that are the opposite, but there isn't anything wrong with that.

The only time I would find it odd was if a person listed their credentials in their personal emails and correspondences. If this was a professional setting I don't see the issue.
My dh has a PhD, he never goes by "Doctor" or puts PhD after his name even on his professional correspondence. In his field, and his position at work it is assumed one has a PhD or they wouldn't have that job.
People do refer to him as Doctor, but he just tells them to call him by his first name, he's pretty laid back. However there are many others he works with that are the opposite, but there isn't anything wrong with that.

Yup, but it does get annoying. I dealt with a parent who always referred to himself as Dr. So and So. One day I found out he had a PhD in religion. It was weird to me because I work with a ton of physicians (the cool ones at least) who you would not know are medical doctors outside the hospital. I get people worked hard for their degree and want to be called Doc, but I'm a first name person myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter