WS boats and ECVs??

Blueberry

Happy to be a Croc Mama
In April I was denied boarding on the WS boats as I was on a WDW rental ECV. The CM was very polite but told me it was a contract issue and I could not get on with the ECV. I did not ask if you can board with an offsite rental ECV or not, never thought to ask. Anyone have any idea if off site rental ECVS can ride the WS boats or are all banned from them??

In April I was denied boarding on the WS boats as I was on a WDW rental ECV. The CM was very polite but told me it was a contract issue and I could not get on with the ECV. I did not ask if you can board with an offsite rental ECV or not, never thought to ask. Anyone have any idea if off site rental ECVS can ride the WS boats or are all banned from them??

I'm pretty sure al ECVs are banned from the boats....Wheelchairs only:)

Cheshire Figment had posted about this a while back. This is what he added on the disABILITIES FAQs thread in post #8, which is about transportation:

Note that the new Disney Park Rental ECVs can not get on the Friendships in the Epcot Lagoon. The bumpers keeps locking up on the connecting ramps, and they have been trying for months and cannot solve the problem. This only applies to the Disney ECVs.

Here's a picture of the Disney park rental ECVs, so you can see the bumper.
2590PA020372-thumb.JPG

Another good reason to rent offsite, they just workout so much better anyway, the one we had from Buena Vista Scooters last August was much more comfortable, easier to maneuver and was never turned away from anywhere. Although we had the second size from the smallest and I would strongly recommend transfering at Journey into Imagination with Figment, no matter what the CMs say, it throws the weight of the vehicle off when going around corners, we ended up breaking the ride down. They were going to send us around again because it would have prevented them from having to evac the ride, but they realized we were too tall and would hit our heads on something back there. Needless to say a little embarassing to make everyone get off the ride even though us and the CMs were the only ones who knew it was us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter