WWoS Bowling Stalled

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan

<font color=blue>Identifies with Pumbaa's Flatulen
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/osceola/orl-disney-bowling-alley-110208,0,7955371.story

Economy stalls Disney bowling center
Mark Pino | Sentinel Staff Writer
November 2, 2008
Plans to bring thousands of bowlers to Disney's Wide World of Sports in 2011 have landed in the gutter — at least for the time being. Blame the economy. The private — and still unnamed — company that would build the 100-lane bowling stadium in Osceola County is having trouble getting financing because of the credit market. The first tournament in the new bowling complex is not scheduled until 2013, Disney World spokeswoman Jacquee Polak said.

Back in June, officials lauded the deal. Planned for 100 lanes, stadium-style seating and a restaurant, the facility was to be complete in about 18 months. Under terms of the deal, the United States Bowling Congress was supposed to bring 13 events to Central Florida beginning in 2011. Each tournament is played over four to six months. The event, though delayed, is still expected to be a boon to Osceola hotels and tourist-related businesses.

Well, that's OK by me. It will only bring thousands more onto an already overflowing WDW property. Have enough trouble getting around and getting dining reservations now.:sad2:

I"m sad :-( I love to bowl and I was really excited WDW was getting lanes.

If the outsourced vendor who wanted to bring this venture to Walt Disney World of all places, with all of Disney's connections and guarantees from USBC, and they still couldn't get financing, then what are the chances that other vendors can get financing for their supposed Pleasure Island projects which would be considerably riskier? (Sorry for the run-on sentence.)

BobK/Orlando

If the outsourced vendor who wanted to bring this venture to Walt Disney World of all places, with all of Disney's connections and guarantees from USBC, and they still couldn't get financing, then what are the chances that other vendors can get financing for their supposed Pleasure Island projects which would be considerably riskier? (Sorry for the run-on sentence.)

BobK/Orlando

I guess that also holds true of new countries coming to WS also.

Not to discredit the orlando sentinal but i know the gm of the bowling alley in my town and hes actually going to be the gm at the bowling alley in Disney. He dident tell me about Any stalls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter