WWYD? Booking for Early 2021

e_yerger

DIS Veteran
Friend and I cancelled our July 2020 WDW trip, and are planning to replace it with a Disneyland trip.

We have flight vouchers from JetBlue that are good until March 2022, but if we book by June 30th, 2020 we'll have the ability to cancel & get the money back no strings attached. JetBlue's flights are posted until Feb 10th, 2021.

If we book the flights, then we lock in the dates so it's less flexible with checking for a good deal on room rates. But being this far out and it being end of Jan/early Feb, maybe we'll get a good deal regardless? We'll be staying off property. But then it's no strings attached with the refund/cancellation of the flights. So does it matter?

What do you guys think we should do? What are your thoughts?

The other conversation about this is if we think it'll be safe to fly in late Jan/early Feb (flying from JFK to LGB, so about 6 hours on a plane).

Friend and I cancelled our July 2020 WDW trip, and are planning to replace it with a Disneyland trip.

We have flight vouchers from JetBlue that are good until March 2022, but if we book by June 30th, 2020 we'll have the ability to cancel & get the money back no strings attached. JetBlue's flights are posted until Feb 10th, 2021.

If we book the flights, then we lock in the dates so it's less flexible with checking for a good deal on room rates. But being this far out and it being end of Jan/early Feb, maybe we'll get a good deal regardless? We'll be staying off property. But then it's no strings attached with the refund/cancellation of the flights. So does it matter?

What do you guys think we should do? What are your thoughts?

The other conversation about this is if we think it'll be safe to fly in late Jan/early Feb (flying from JFK to LGB, so about 6 hours on a plane).

I have two reservations booked with Hilton right now for December. We stayed at Hilton Anaheim in March and loved it. I got my room in December there for $118 per night. I also booked at Embassy Suites South for the following week at $122 per night. If you book before 8/30 you can cancel for a full refund until 24 hours prior. Try something like that. At least then both your flight and hotel are refundable.

I would book now too knowing you have the flexibility to cancel. Pick what you are most likely to do. My crystal ball is broken so who knows what it will be like by then....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter