Wwyd

• Call in sick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep phone in pocket

Votes: 19 100.0%

• Total voters

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I am expecting the test results of my blood work I had on Friday I don’t know what is going to come of more then likely they well change my birth control pill or something like that so I am not scared or anything

So do I call in sick this week so I can stay glued to my cell phone or do I just keep it in my pocket at all times this week the only problem with that depending on what I am doing I will have to call back anyway

Keep your phone in your pocket, or where you normally keep it. One thing that I have found is waiting for the phone call is the hardest as we want the call NOW. We are nervous or just want the answer. The worst thing that will happen is that you call back for the results. Doctors offices are used to people working and leaving messages.

I agree with others, keep your phone in your pocket and call them right back.
Sending positive vibes your way! Waiting for results is always tough!

Don’t call in sick. Go to work and check your phone every once in a while. Nothing makes the phone ring less than sitting and staring at it.

Of course you should not call in sick just to wait for a phone call. Can you imagine what schools, businesses, and anyplace else would be like if staff just called out every time they were expecting to get test results?

Leave your phone in your pocket, take the call if you can, and if you can't take the call, ring the office back when you are available.

I honestly cannot imagine calling in sick to wait for a phone call, even from the doctor's office. If you can't take it when they call, find a moment you can call back.

Save your sick days for when you really need them.

maybe you can tell your boss you are expecting an important phone call and you will like to answer it when it rings.

I get the idea of the idea of calling in sick is wrong I just did not want to miss the doctor that’s the only reason I’d consider it but I can always call them back besides I doubt they will call before 12:30

Tink, you don't call in sick just because the doctor might call. Now when I worked at the school I gave the doctor's office my school office number and they were pretty good with getting a hold of me. Hopefully that might work for you. :)

Just keep your phone in your pocket.
It doesn't make much sense for you to take the week off because you're going to get a phone call at some point.
It could be tomorrow but maybe it won't be until Wednesday and then you have stayed home for no reason tomorrow and Tuesday.
If you can't answer it at the time they end up calling then just call them back.

Neither. This doesn't seem to be an emergency. Check your phone when you can and return the call if you need to.

Like I said up thread i see the error in my thinking sorta speak I was not thinking clearly I will go through this week as I normally would hopefully they will leave a detailed message should have figured this one out on my own but I will know for next time

There's no way I'd take the day off for a phone call unless I was guaranteed $$$$ for answering on the 1st ring . I'd just have it with me and try to answer. I don't have to worry about that for blood work though. When I go to the lab I request a copy be mailed to me. Something to think about next time.

Like I said up thread i see the error in my thinking sorta speak I was not thinking clearly I will go through this week as I normally would hopefully they will leave a detailed message should have figured this one out on my own but I will know for next time

You are doing well. Sometimes you need to "talk it out" to figure out the obvious. Most of us do the same thing from time to time.

Have you given them permission to leave protected health information on your voicemail? If so you can just listen to the message when you get off work. If not they will leave a message asking you to call back, which you can do when you get off work. Either way, no reason to stay home waiting for the phone to ring.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Most of us have been there waiting for a callback from the doctor.

You might also just mention to your supervisor that you are expecting an important phone call and, if circumstances allow, you'd like to step out and take the call. You can make up the time by skipping a break or taking a short lunch.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter