WWYD - Indecisive about park plans

ChvGator

Earning My Ears
I’ll be at WDW over Veterans Day weekend. 3-day base ticket w/ no hoppers. Plan to be at the parks on thurs, nov 8, then no park and mvmcp on the 9th, and park days on 10th and 11th. It’s just me and my daughter.

I’m set with doing AK on the 11th but am waffling on plans for the 8th and 10th. Initially I had thought we’d do MK on the 8th (staying at a MK resort) and HS on the 10th (moving over to port Orleans that day). However I didn’t luck out on MK FastPasses for the 8th. Was able to get the MK FP I wanted for the 10th however.

I suspect the 10th will be pretty crowded at MK. Two prior days are parties and it’s an evening extra magic hours. Should I avoid and just drop the good fast passes? We’ll have seen the fireworks at the mvmcp already.

I’m also rethinking HS a little. We have to choose either that or Epcot. Went to Epcot 2 years ago. Haven’t been to HS in 4 years (so my daughter probably doesn’t remember HS much). It’s a 25% chance she’ll want to ride SDD as she’s a bit afraid of rollercoasters. Almost zero chance she’ll go on rock rolleecoaster, and unlikely for the tower of terror. Epcot will have food and wine (I believe) which is a bit of a negative for us. But is epcot a better pick for us?

I think MK on a holiday weekend Saturday, especially with no party, will be crazy. I think you'd have a better chance going to MK on the 8th, especially since it'll be much more convenient as you're staying at a MK resort.

It depends what you two are into and how old your daughter is. HS has a lot of shows, way more so than rides. So even if she won't do SDD, ToT, and RnR, that still leaves toy story mania, alien swirling saucers, Little Mermaid show, Frozen show, Beauty and the Beast show, Disney Junior show, Indiana Jones show....the list goes on. So if she's interested in any of that, I'd stick with HS. Epcot would be cool if she's into other countries and culture, because walking around WS would be really interesting. But if she's not into shopping and that sort of thing, she'll likely get bored in Epcot.

Thanks. She’s 9, btw so Disney Jr and princesses are still of some interest, but not a lot.

And if she's into Star Wars in any way there is also Jedi Training. I had to take the 9 year old at park opening to sign up but in my case besides her princess stuff is double lightsaber in her room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter