• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD - picking a party date

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
We are taking a big family trip in November, probably my dad's last hurrah since his COPD makes traveling difficult. We are a motley crew - special needs brother (mobility and cognitive issues), 2 adults on ECV's, a 2 year old, and then 4 "healthy" adults.

We are going to do the Christmas party, but can't decide if we should do it the second day of our trip when we will have more energy, or on the next to last day. We plan on NOT doing a park that day, and relaxing at the resort and maybe going shopping.

I'm leaning toward going at the end of our trip and using that day to shop. What would you do?

I would plan on also being able to take it easy the following day, unless your motley crew are also night owls, just because that gives more time to replenish spoons lost by, say, wrangling a 2 year old at the parks at midnight. Since I know, at least for us, the last day tends to be a lot of running around (figuratively speaking) to get everyone's favourites in one last time, that would make me pick the second day for the Christmas party. But if you guys tend to use your last day differently, or you're better later in the day when you have more time to get up and going slowly, etc. then obviously YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter