WWYD with 3 solo days?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I'm going to WDW for a work conference in October. I'll have 3 days there and trying to decide what to do with my time. I'll be able to be in the parks by early afternoon. I'm staying at CSR - never been there before. Days 2 and 3 I want to go to Epcot and MK. Those are by far my 2 favorite parks. I'm not going to do park hoppers just to keep things simpler and save money. My must dos are Happily Ever After, Frozen, Soarin, and a handful of MK attractions. I'm not big on Food and Wine so that isn't important to me. My questions are:

• What would you do on arrival day? I'll be there around 1 or 2 and not buying a park ticket. Not interested in Disney Springs...just not big on it and I don't like shopping. Thinking about maybe hanging out at Wilderness Lodge???
  • I need to plan 2 meals at MK and 2 at Epcot. I'm leaning toward quick service meals just so I can get more attractions in...I'm a ride junkie. I love the French counter-service in Epcot and thinking of trying to get lunch ADRs for BOG. But, I need one more for each park. Suggestions?
  • Anything else you would suggest for a solo traveler?
Thanks!

I'm going to WDW for a work conference in October. I'll have 3 days there and trying to decide what to do with my time. I'll be able to be in the parks by early afternoon. I'm staying at CSR - never been there before. Days 2 and 3 I want to go to Epcot and MK. Those are by far my 2 favorite parks. I'm not going to do park hoppers just to keep things simpler and save money. My must dos are Happily Ever After, Frozen, Soarin, and a handful of MK attractions. I'm not big on Food and Wine so that isn't important to me. My questions are:

• What would you do on arrival day? I'll be there around 1 or 2 and not buying a park ticket. Not interested in Disney Springs...just not big on it and I don't like shopping. Thinking about maybe hanging out at Wilderness Lodge???
  • I need to plan 2 meals at MK and 2 at Epcot. I'm leaning toward quick service meals just so I can get more attractions in...I'm a ride junkie. I love the French counter-service in Epcot and thinking of trying to get lunch ADRs for BOG. But, I need one more for each park. Suggestions?
  • Anything else you would suggest for a solo traveler?
Thanks!
Consider the fact you may be able to attend MNSSHP in October, and then there is Halloween Horror Nights if you want to venture up towards Universal. If your arrival date coincides with MNSSHP, you could easily use that evening for extra time in MK. Otherwise, HHN is going on nightly and does have a Stephen King house this year. Fort Wilderness has a lot to do if you are an outdoors type. Be Our Guest is booking up fast, so I would get on that as soon as possible. It really depends on specific dates when it comes to October. For me, I would opt for a party if it were available that day, but otherwise, I would just play it by my own personal tastes. I am trying to figure out the same thing for my own arrival, but I will be staying at Fort Wilderness so I have plenty of options. Just some options you may want to look into.

I have my first solo trip coming up in a few days and I planned three different tours. I am doing Keys to the Kingdom, Wild Africa Trek, and The Undiscovered Future World. I think tours are a great way to see The World solo. Since you have an interest in Epcot, that tour might be good for you.

I think brad813's idea of going to MNSSHP on arrival day is a great one if you have never been to the party. It will cost a bit, but for a solo adult, you probably would get your money's worth- especially if you have never been. You are only going to have one day at MK, so this would give you a lot more time to do your favorite attractions.

Other things I would like to do on arrival day as a solo:

Explore Animal Kingdom Lodge, have a drink, and talk with the guides
Have a drink at Trader Sam's and watch fireworks from the Poly Beach
Make a reservation at Cali Grill and watch Hallowishes from there
Visit a resort where I have never been and explore it fully
Rent a bike at Wilderness Lodge and ride it over to the Fort and explore the Fort by bike
Rent a bike anywhere else in the World and explore (Boardwalk, POR, AoA, etc.)

As far as eating goes, I would just do quick service at Epcot. There are so many fun and interesting quick service places. I love eating around the world, even though food and wine isn't my big interest either. We loved the booths at F&G.

Have a great trip!

For me, I'd spend an entire day (or however much time I can) at Animal Kingdom, just wandering around and seeing the animals. And at around 4:30, I'd make sure I was over watching the bachelor gorillas go in. They're so funny! The CMs have to distract the rest while one goes in, then lets another go while the CM now distracts whoever's left. Apparently the path to the barns isn't that wide and the gorillas will play "push and shove", just like adolescent boys. I had a CM explain it all to me once. I find that the CMs are especially "chatty" with solo travelers.

If you don't want to go to a park day one, I'd just hang out at the pool/bar at CSR and take it easy. Explore the resort. There are a couple of TS restaurants there you could eat at that night.

For MK, if you don't want to do the party, I'd do Epcot the party day and do MK the non-party day. Frankly, I've never been to any of the parties and have no desire to do so, especially the halloween one. I'm an adult, I don't dress up and I couldn't eat the amount of candy you get and am not a huge parade fan so it would be maybe getting on the rides. If you already have your tickets, I'd make a FP for FEA as soon as you can, the wait times for it can get out of hand. I'd probably eat at Spice Roads in Epcot if you aren't interested in sampling the booths but you might find yourself sampling them. Spice Roads is fairly easy to get into without an ADR and the food is great. At MK if you aren't doing the party, I'd probably eat QS or maybe make an ADR at one of the monorail resorts.

If you are inclined to visit the Wilderness Lodge, you can also hop a boat to the Contemporary and have some monorail fun from there. Pop over to the Poly for a Dole Whip, then walk to TTC and do a monorail loop to EPCOT and back just to see it.

(and then you'll likely have good transportation options from the TTC!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter