Wyndham Bonnett creek OR Marriott Lakeshore Reserve?? Opinions feedback wanted pls

mmmnj

Earning My Ears
Any feedback or opinions on the 2 resorts would be welcomed and so very much appreciated. Traveling with young kids. Deciding between staying in 3 bedroom TownHouse at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve OR a 3 bedroom villa at Wyndham Bonnett creek. I'm most concerned about the resorts themselves... I can make either work location wise . Thanks so much

If you look here there is a whole thread dedicated to Wyndham Bonnet Creek and how much people love it. I haven't stayed at either place so I don't have any insight. Looks like Bonnet Creek has like some crazy pirate ship water thing... that would definitely win out based on that alone with my two boys.

I have stayed at WBC a number of times both in 1 and 2 bedrooms. I love the resort for many reasons, location is one.

I have not stayed at Marriott Lakeshore but my folks have. They are big Marriott timeshare owners, usually using a month or more each year. Hilton Head, Marco Island, Hawaii, Orlando .... and then random places all around. They have stayed in all kinds in Orlando in many different locations; I've only stayed with them once in Orlando. Their last trip they tried Lakeshore and my Mom was texting me photos and saying it was probably one of the nicest Marriott timeshares they had stayed in. She loved the lushness, the amenities, the units and felt so quiet and peaceful compared to some others in Orlando. Best I can remember/describe her comments is that it felt very upscale and classy.

We have stayed in both WBC (2 BR) and Marriott Lakeshore Reserve (3 BR). In our opinion, Lakeshore Reserve wins hands down, as far as comparing just the resorts. No question - WBC is closer to the Disney parks and more convenient for that reason. However, WBC consists of several high-rise buildings surrounding a lake - it feels more crowded and "busy." I agree with HopperFan's parents that Lakeshore Reserve feels more secluded, peaceful, and relaxing. It's upscale and elegant but also family friendly. They have beautiful landscaping and a gorgeous pool area (zero entry, great for little ones), with two water slides and a lazy river. They have a shaded playground for kids, a giant chess set, corn hole, a children's playroom with toys and games, etc. Our 3 BR had a private entrance, two floors, and a pretty garden level patio so it felt more like our own villa/townhome rather than a one-floor apartment, like WBC. Also, Lakeshore Reserve is on the same property as two other high-end resorts, the JW Marriott and the Ritz, and guests are welcome to use the pools at both resorts. The JW Marriott has an elaborate lazy river that was a hit with our kids. It was also nice to have the other resorts' restaurants so close-by. When we go back to Orlando area, we will stay here again over WBC. That being said, WBC is also nice and you wouldn't be disappointed there either. Just a very different feel. Good luck and hope you have a nice vacation!

No contest. Take Marriott. Lakeshore is probably the best Marriott I have ever stayed at.

Lakeshore Reserve is definitely much more upscale of the two. We own a Marriott timeshare as well, and from what I read on our owner's groups on FB, it is the most upscale of the Marriotts in the Orlando area (as far as the timeshares go).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter