Wyndham @ Disney Springs

Clare Voince

In Spiritual Repose
I'm thinking about staying at the Wyndham next to Disney Springs for my December trip, and I was hoping you guys could answer some questions. I've never stayed at a hotel that didn't use Disney transportation so not sure how it will work.. How are their shuttles? Do they drop you off at the TTC for the MK? What's the difference between the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista? TIA!

How are their shuttles? Do they drop you off at the TTC for the MK?

There are seven hotels that share shuttles. They operate two different "sides". The "A" side is for the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, B Resort and Spa, and the DoubleTree Suites. The "B" side is the Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Hilton Buena Vista Palace. As all the hotels are adjacent to each other, having to stop at additional hotels isn't as bad as it sounds. I find it more convenient than one of Disney's moderate resorts where the multiple stops are spread out over larger distances.

Each side runs two routes that depart every 30 minutes all day long. In my experience, the shuttles are very punctual. Although it can change based on operational reasons, it's usually one bus that goes to Epcot then Disney's Hollywood Studios and a second that goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center then to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The shuttles are run by Mears Transportation. Mears is the long-time Disney partner that runs Disney's Magical Express and transportation for Disney Cruise Line.

Here is what is provided at check-in:

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

What's the difference between the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista?

A few years ago, Wyndham split this property into two separate hotels within their booking system. Both hotels share the same common areas: lobby, restaurants, pool, and transportation.

The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (no "Garden") is the main tower. It has interior-entry guest rooms. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista consists of the outer buildings. They have motel-style, exterior-entry rooms.

From what I've read on here and places like Trip Advisor, you will want to avoid the Garden. The rooms are smaller and have not been adequately maintained over the years.

There are seven hotels that share shuttles. They operate two different "sides". The "A" side is for the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, B Resort and Spa, and the DoubleTree Suites. The "B" side is the Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Hilton Buena Vista Palace. As all the hotels are adjacent to each other, having to stop at additional hotels isn't as bad as it sounds. I find it more convenient than one of Disney's moderate resorts where the multiple stops are spread out over larger distances.

Each side runs two routes that depart every 30 minutes all day long. In my experience, the shuttles are very punctual. Although it can change based on operational reasons, it's usually one bus that goes to Epcot then Disney's Hollywood Studios and a second that goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center then to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The shuttles are run by Mears Transportation. Mears is the long-time Disney partner that runs Disney's Magical Express and transportation for Disney Cruise Line.

Here is what is provided at check-in:

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

A few years ago, Wyndham split this property into two separate hotels within their booking system. Both hotels share the same common areas: lobby, restaurants, pool, and transportation.

The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (no "Garden") is the main tower. It has interior-entry guest rooms. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista consists of the outer buildings. They have motel-style, exterior-entry rooms.

From what I've read on here and places like Trip Advisor, you will want to avoid the Garden. The rooms are smaller and have not been adequately maintained over the years.

That is great information! Thanks!

I've stayed in a Garden Room and it was the definition of a shoe box.
The elevators were terrifying, more like tiny closets.
Stick with the tower rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter