• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Orlando Resort

tyke

Imagineer
We are considering the Wyndham Orlando Resort for our June trip.

Does anyone have any comments on the resort !

Tyke

We stayed here in 2001. Its a nice hotel with two pools and a jacuzzi. Only the smaller pool is heated though so it tends to get crowded while the larger pool is deserted! There is a lovely ice cream parlor right next to the pool (which we made full use of) and a bar/restaurant on the other side of the pool. Not sure what the food was like as we never ate there - too much ice cream!

Have a great time.

This place sounds great !

I have already signed up for Wyndham by Request in anticipation of our booking.

Tracy - did you book through priceline + how much did you pay for the room !

Tyke

I got it through Priceline for $30 a night. Incredible bargain. Can't wait.
Tracy

$30 is a bargain - does this include local taxes etc

Were you able to specify the resort when you made your enquiry !

Tyke

Tyke

We stayed here last June and it was a really nice hotel. The rooms all have tea/coffee making facilities, irons, safe, TV and Internet and Nintendo.

We liked it so much we are staying there again in September this year.

Regards

Helen

Tyke,

I stayed at the Wyndham Orlando last month and was very impressed. Good sized clean rooms and decent facilities. I can vouch for the pool being cold - after my first jump in I informed DD that I didn't think she'd be getting any little brothers or sisters :eek: I've been warmer in the North Sea. (It did warm up later in the week).

Remember to be friendly to the ducks that patrol the ground. I can vouch for the fact that they like Ritz crackers :)

A useful hint - when leaving in the morning for WDW, go out the exit 200 yards down I-Drive (next to Ripleys) rather than the one near reception - it is MUCH easier to get out of when the traffic is busy. When returning, once you come off I-4 don't turn down I-Drive then try to get across the traffic. Drive a few yards along Sand Lake Road and there are two entrances there which are on the right so they are dead easy to get into. These are also good for Universal Boulevard if you're going up to Universal or down to Sea World.

BaldiePete

Tyke
The price was $33.30 per night including tax. There was also an overall booking fee of $5.95 . Total for 5 nights is $172.45.
When you use Priceline you can't specify a resort you can only specify an area eg. Universal/Sea World. You then specify the rating and the price you are prepared to pay. I would have been quite happy to take any of the previous winning bid hotels. You shouldn't use Priceline if you want a specific hotel. I was pretty sure that I would get the Wyndham but knew I wasn't guaranteed. If you are considering Priceline then get well-informed by visiting Bidding for Travel. You will be able to see recent winning bids to give you an idea of which hotels are coming up and at what price. Here's a link
http://pub109.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding
Tracy

Thanks for the comments + tips - the Wyndham is now booked for our trip !

I will now be contacting 'Wyndham ByRequest' to confirm our room preferences etc !

I understand that the hotel consists of several buildings and would like to know which area of the resort you consider is the best option for our stay.

Thanks

Tyke

Tyke

When we stayed we were in building 7 and found this to be really quiet. It was easy to get to just past the lake and it was not too near to the pool/shop and bar, we also had the gardens behind us. I have requested this building again for our stay in September, but other people might have other opinions.

Helen

Thanks Hellie

We would like a quietish room away from I-drive but close to pool amenities - which building should we request !

Tyke

:D

ONLY 2 weeks to go !!!!!

:D

Tyke

Building 7 is by the pool and away from IDrive. All the buildings have parking facilities out front as well, I can't remember the number of the building opposite but that is fairly quiet as well.

I am sure other people will be able to advise.

Two weeks how exciting, wish it was me.

Helen:D

Hellie

Did you stay in a ground floor or first floor room !

Are the rooms are accessed from internal or external corridors !

Tyke

Tyke

We stayed in a first floor room, and all rooms are accessed by external corridors, which are all very safe as you see the security walking around. We didn't have any worries whilst we were there the place is really safe.

Let me know if there is anything else.

Regards

Helen

For those with cable the Wyndham International Drive has been featured on the travel chanel ( obviously in their Florida section) over the last week. It had maybe a 5 minute slot. It gives a pretty good over view of the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter