Wyoming: Quest for the West (& Winter Wonderland) Meets Thread

Our first ABD trip. 6 of us. Grandparents, parents and kids!
Welcome to the ABD Forum! I'll add you to the Roll Call in the first post. Sounds like you've got a great multi-generational trip planned! But beware! ABD's are addictive! ;)

Sayhello

Taking our first ADB to Wyoming June 15, with GS9. Really looking forward to it!!!!
Congrats on your first ABD! :thumbsup2 Just be careful! They are highly addictive! ;)

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. You're going to be on the same departure as DISer Daisyduck49 and her family!

Sayhello

Hi!
We are getting ready for our 6/18 trip.
I'm traveling with my two daughters (9 and 11) and my son (8).
I'm also bringing my patents on their first ABD trip.
Should be fun!
Anyone else going to be there?

Hi!
We are getting ready for our 6/18 trip.
I'm traveling with my two daughters (9 and 11) and my son (8).
I'm also bringing my patents on their first ABD trip.
Should be fun!
Anyone else going to be there?
Hi, couture1! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. It looks like DISer AnneMarie3 and some of her extended family will be on the same departure as you!

Sayhello

Excited to hear about your trip this week. We are a couple of weeks behind you! Have fun!

Where is everyone who has signed up for 2015? We are confirming our Wyoming Trip this Monday, booking July 12-18, 2015. It is my husband and I, along with our 3 older daughters: 17, 21, and 23. We were told the trip is full now, at 35 guests. Also, there are a few older kids on the trip along with ours. We are really excited to try an active adventure. Anyone else out there signed up?

Where is everyone who has signed up for 2015? We are confirming our Wyoming Trip this Monday, booking July 12-18, 2015. It is my husband and I, along with our 3 older daughters: 17, 21, and 23. We were told the trip is full now, at 35 guests. Also, there are a few older kids on the trip along with ours. We are really excited to try an active adventure. Anyone else out there signed up?
It is odd that no-one else has said they're taking this trip this year yet. I look forward to hearing your report from a mostly-adult POV. I really do need to go back to Yellowstone, and this looks like a great way to do it. But they don't do shoulder-season *or* Adults Only on this itinerary. So I'm curious to see what you think! :thumbsup2

I've added you to the Roll Call!

Sayhello

It is odd that no-one else has said they're taking this trip this year yet. I look forward to hearing your report from a mostly-adult POV. I really do need to go back to Yellowstone, and this looks like a great way to do it. But they don't do shoulder-season *or* Adults Only on this itinerary. So I'm curious to see what you think! :thumbsup2

I've added you to the Roll Call!

Sayhello

Thanks Sayhello. Yes, I think a trip report will be in order. I know there are lots of people on this itinerary, as most of the trips are full or close to it. The vacationista told us that there are quite a few "older" kids signed up, so we are really looking forward to a great time. I will keep you posted! With our youngest turning 18 next January, we would love to book an adults only trip next. We are thinking China August 2016. Have you done that trip?

Cindy

Thanks Sayhello. Yes, I think a trip report will be in order. I know there are lots of people on this itinerary, as most of the trips are full or close to it. The vacationista told us that there are quite a few "older" kids signed up, so we are really looking forward to a great time. I will keep you posted! With our youngest turning 18 next January, we would love to book an adults only trip next. We are thinking China August 2016. Have you done that trip?

Cindy
Funny you should ask, Cindy, but I am seriously looking at taking the China trip in 2016, also. Although I'll likely do it in May or October, depending on what dates are offered (they didn't have a May trip this year). So no, I haven't done it yet. But several folks here have, and it really looks like an amazing itinerary. I've mostly been afraid of the long flight, but it's not going to get any shorter, and I really want to do this trip! I think the more I fly to Europe (7+ hour trips) the less undo-able 13 hours looks. :)

Sayhello

We did this trip last July and it was just my husband and myself (50's). There was one other couple around our age and the rest was families, including several single moms. The kids ranged from about 7 to 20's, with quite a few being teens. We all mixed and blended together beautifully.

It was our first ABD and it was amazing! Our guides were Jaime and Ralph and they were awesome! There was nothing about it that we didn't love. My favorite (other than Brooks Lake Lodge) was the Grand Tetons, which surprised me. My husband loved Yellowstone, but it was all wonderful!

We are on December 28th trip and have booked our outgoing flight last week with airline miles and now secured our return flight home with miles :banana: One more thing crossed off the list!

We are looking forward to playing in the snow since we are from Florida and snow is a novelty not a reality :rotfl: We are also crossing our fingers that we get Hanni and Zoe as our guides. We love them to pieces. Seriously, all of our guides on all of our trips have been beyond amazing but they were our first, plus we've had them again on other adventures and they will always have a special place in our ABD loving hearts.

We are headed to Wyoming August 9, 2017. DH, myself and DDs who will be 12 and 13.

Last edited:
Heading to Wyoming on July 24th! Anyone else on this adventure??:)

We just got back from this trip on Saturday and it was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Wyoming is so beautiful! We loved everywhere we went, the people we traveled with were wonderful and our guides were truly amazing. I think that if you are on the July 24 you might get the same guides that my family had. I believe that they do the Sunday start trips. If you have Mark Chris and Matt you will not be disappointed. They love this trip and it shows in how they interact with the people on the tour and they work so well together. If you have any questions let me know

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!