Wyoming: Quest for the West (& Winter Wonderland) Meets Thread

We just got back from this trip on Saturday and it was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Wyoming is so beautiful! We loved everywhere we went, the people we traveled with were wonderful and our guides were truly amazing. I think that if you are on the July 24 you might get the same guides that my family had. I believe that they do the Sunday start trips. If you have Mark Chris and Matt you will not be disappointed. They love this trip and it shows in how they interact with the people on the tour and they work so well together. If you have any questions let me know

Thanks for this! We returned from the AZ/UT trip on June 1, and my husband now has an interest in this one (I do as well). The one thing that makes him hesitant is the fact that for the majority of the time there is no access to the internet or television, and he MUST (read that in a sarcastic tone) have his sports updates. Sigh. He survived in Copenhagen for three days without them; I'm sure he can do this, too.

We just got back from this trip on Saturday and it was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Wyoming is so beautiful! We loved everywhere we went, the people we traveled with were wonderful and our guides were truly amazing. I think that if you are on the July 24 you might get the same guides that my family had. I believe that they do the Sunday start trips. If you have Mark Chris and Matt you will not be disappointed. They love this trip and it shows in how they interact with the people on the tour and they work so well together. If you have any questions let me know

Kelly
This is on our short list of trips for next summer - we will make a final decision once we return from Alaska. I am interested to know - how were the hotels? Is there AC at night? Plenty of physical activity - not too much time on the bus? Any information would really be appreciated. We were all set to book Greece for next year after CaliforniaGirl09's excellent trip report, but our preferred week is already wait-listed so that's been bumped to 2018.

Thanks for this! We returned from the AZ/UT trip on June 1, and my husband now has an interest in this one (I do as well). The one thing that makes him hesitant is the fact that for the majority of the time there is no access to the internet or television, and he MUST (read that in a sarcastic tone) have his sports updates. Sigh. He survived in Copenhagen for three days without them; I'm sure he can do this, too.

I have a husband and child just like that with regards to the internet. We actually were never completely without it. It was spotty at times but we were all able to get on it everyday of the trip

This is on our short list of trips for next summer - we will make a final decision once we return from Alaska. I am interested to know - how were the hotels? Is there AC at night? Plenty of physical activity - not too much time on the bus? Any information would really be appreciated. We were all set to book Greece for next year after CaliforniaGirl09's excellent trip report, but our preferred week is already wait-listed so that's been bumped to 2018.

Not all the hotels have AC. I believe the one in Jackson Hole did but the one in Yellowstone didn't. We just kept the window open all night and they have fans in the room. We were only there one night and it wasn't bad at all. On the dude ranch I had to actually turn the bathroom heater on to make the room warmer at night. I live in FL so anything below 70 is chilly to me. It was getting into the 30's at night.

As far as being on the bus too much I don't recall being on there any longer then 1 hour before they pulled over to show us something. We were on one of those fancy buses with a restroom and the guides would put a disney movie on to watch. Really there was so much to look at when driving plus being tired from all the activity it was nice to sit.

Last edited:

We are headed on the August 9th trip. Myself, Hubby, DD 12 and DD 13.

We are headed on the August 9th trip. Myself, Hubby, DD 12 and DD 13.

Quick question for you -- how did you book your reservation? We are myself, DH, DD13 and DD11 and are looking at this trip for next August. For the first two hotels, we would all be in one room with two beds, then in a cabin at BLL. I was told by my TA and an ABD agent that we could book as two reservations (at the same price) to get two hotel rooms at Wort and in Yellowstone, and then make a note to all be in one cabin at BLL. Just wondering what others do? TIA!

And PS -- love your blog about Costa Rica! That's also on my short list :)

Quick question for you -- how did you book your reservation? We are myself, DH, DD13 and DD11 and are looking at this trip for next August. For the first two hotels, we would all be in one room with two beds, then in a cabin at BLL. I was told by my TA and an ABD agent that we could book as two reservations (at the same price) to get two hotel rooms at Wort and in Yellowstone, and then make a note to all be in one cabin at BLL. Just wondering what others do? TIA!

And PS -- love your blog about Costa Rica! That's also on my short list :)

We booked this trip as one reservation because of the cabin. I was told that if we did two reservations (which would have been better for the first two hotels) then we would have been separated the whole time. Perhaps that has changed for next year.

We booked this trip as one reservation because of the cabin. I was told that if we did two reservations (which would have been better for the first two hotels) then we would have been separated the whole time. Perhaps that has changed for next year.

Thanks!

We booked as 2 reservations, but with a request to be put together in a cabin. Seems silly that you would have to book it as one in order to get that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!