(X) LC - BBQ Sauce

dizneegirl

Loves the Mouse
I have a WONDERFUL bbq sauce recipe, from a great LC cook/chef/experimenter. Credit goes to BruceH for this one:

BRUCE'S BOURBONQUE SAUCE

Recipe By :Bruce
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
32 ounces tomato sauce
6 packets Splenda
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
3 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
1/2 cup bourbon -- optional

Bring ingredients to a slow simmer in a small sauce pan and reduce by about a third if you want to use it as a brush-on sauce.

Yield:
"1 quart"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Recipe (excluding unknown items): 690 Calories; 6g Fat (10.9% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 100g Carbohydrate; 22g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 5717mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 11 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Steam bbq ribs one hour. Throw on grill and baste for 30 minutes, turning every five minutes. Baste once more before serving.

NOTES : OK in moderation on induction.

----------

This is GREAT with or without the bourbon!

This is actually quite nice. I made it over the weekend with just a few minor tweaks (added a pinch of salt and some celery seed).

However, the carb count is off. The tomato sauce alone is 58 net carbs, and I come up with appx. 68 net carbs for the entire recipe. I'm guessing whoever did the calculations did so based on 8 oz. of tomato sauce instead of 32 oz., since that's pretty close to (but not entirely) the difference between the calculations.

Still, it's pretty much 1 net carb per tablespoon, which is fine by me!

ETA: Never mind, I'm an idiot... the recipe lists 100 total carbs minus 22 fiber, not 22 net carbs. That's still 10 net carbs higher than what I come up with, but with the total amount being a quart+, that's negligible per tablespoon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!